HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

$110 a cap is not cheap as hell. I can have them done for $50 a cap. The other guy got mad when I was going to be selling them to help members. I doubt anyone will buy them at $110 a cap. I might move forward and make a few they would be $110 for the set shipped probably. I would not even move forward unless the other gentlemen allowed it because he was already pissed when I mentioned it.

I will post some pictures of my caps as well and do a write up soon

I don't think either of you are Sponsors on here, so it's an Open Market. He can be pissed all he wants, but all he has right now is a monopoly on these..

Just my 2 cents as I don't know either of you

I have no interest in caps. Lol. When I see those all I see is probably 6 hours of print time per cap (Chevy). Takes 4 hours to make our GMC Sierra adapter kit.

3d printing technology is awesome. Without it we wouldn't have our adapter kits. Can't wait till the day printers are faster. All technology evolves. Someday it will be there.

• Like 1

I have no interest in caps. Lol. When I see those all I see is probably 6 hours of print time per cap (Chevy). Takes 4 hours to make our GMC Sierra adapter kit.

3d printing technology is awesome. Without it we wouldn't have our adapter kits. Can't wait till the day printers are faster. All technology evolves. Someday it will be there.

Just installed them today ..... omg they made life so much easier I wish I had these to save me all the trouble of drilling and what not but they went in no problem !!! So happy thanks guys

Just installed them today ..... omg they made life so much easier I wish I had these to save me all the trouble of drilling and what not but they went in no problem !!! So happy thanks guys

That's great to hear man! Thanks for the feedback.

More orders headed out this week for those who have ordered. Got the 3d printer running round the clock trying to keep them going out Asap.

Hope others are also finding these adapters helpful.

• Like 1

The technology to "print" in metal has been around for a good while now. The process is very similar. The plastic "printed" AR receiver is old news and very amateurish. But I guess that was the goal of that effort...the amateurish part, that is.

The metal "printing" is a powdered metal laser sintering process. Complex parts can be made quickly.

I have recently bought a HID low beam kit for my 2014 Silverado 1500. I can't seem to get the lights to come on at all. When I revered the polarity of both lights nothing happened but when I just reversed one light they work other then blowing up the code cancelers. What would I be doing wrong if I have everything hooked up light and they aren't working but the work with one light is reversed polarity?

Doubt it. Its so cheap to buy the ltz replicas and do it that route that its not really worth the trouble

The ltz replicas don't put out enough light to begin. If I bought the ltz lights I would still do the retrofit upgrade to better projectors. In my opinion that's just more money out of pocket. How cheap are the ltz replicas?

The ltz replicas don't put out enough light to begin. If I bought the ltz lights I would still do the retrofit upgrade to better projectors. In my opinion that's just more money out of pocket. How cheap are the ltz replicas?

Yes I meant the package deal. Though the projectors aren't bad that come with the replicas, I got a set for 375 off eBay. The rest your going to have to spend to retrofit the ones you have anyway so that's moot.

Yes I meant the package deal. Though the projectors aren't bad that come with the replicas, I got a set for 375 off eBay. The rest your going to have to spend to retrofit the ones you have anyway so that's moot.

I gotcha. I plan on doing FxR projectors and led high beams. That's going to be a pretty penny. Probably around $1000 I'm sure. At least it will look good and function well. I just need more light output. Better than stock.

I gotcha. I plan on doing FxR projectors and led high beams. That's going to be a pretty penny. Probably around $1000 I'm sure. At least it will look good and function well. I just need more light output. Better than stock.

Yeah it all depends what route you go. Mine was this: replica ltz housings ($375), RX-350 BiXenons ($200), Mitsubishi Gen IV Ballasts ($200), and Philips 85122+ D2S bulbs, ($100). That however gave me a fantastic setup and no real need to touch the high beams due to BiXenons nice high beam performance. Wouldn't look back in my case I love it.