HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/crf450r420

Here it is. I have not got mine yet. It moved to production phase today. I have made one on a local printers machine and have that one on my driver side light now. I just have not seen it from this service yet, but this price is way better than the $200 I paid to get the first two made. Give it a try and let me know, plus provide pictures. Thanks.

• Like 1

Each. I paid $200 each for the prototypes, so this is actually a good price. I didn't get enough a response from people to keep looking for making them in larger batches which might help bring it down further. If they do start selling or if a big enough group builds. I will look into getting a printer or finding larger production level to try and bring the price down further.

Yeah, I was shocked when I got the first prototype quote. I almost didn't do it. If we can get a group buy for 200 sets, I can sell them at $100 a set and they would be factory quality. I'm just not ready to invest the $15000.00 to get it started on my own. I will look at buying a printer if more people get on board, however most interested lost the desire when prices started coming out. This should get better as in 2014 only the 1500 used them and now this year I believe all Silverado trucks use them.

Edited by Crf450r420

I drove around tonight and had people flashing me anytime I hit a dip/bump on the road or anytime I was on a slight incline. I had my father-in-law drive ahead of me about 100yds and he said it looked like I was constantly flashing my highbeams at him. Not to mention his vision would be above the cutoff...then he would see a bright blue light and then see a blinding white light....then back to blue and then his vision would be above the cutoff again. The roads are really lumpy around here this time of year with the cold temps.

If I crank them down lower I can't really see any further than my factory projectors would shine. In fact I think I see less on the left side of the road. The only gain I have now is the road is brighter in front of me. I can't see crap above the cutoff....pitch black.

I don't want to be that guy that blinds drivers on the road :(

• Like 1

Just an update guys. All orders from this past week have shipped. Apparently our website is not integrating with usps and sending out automatic emails when the products ship. This was brought to my attention last night. Hope to have that resolved this weekend. All these brackets go via usps priority shipping. Hope to have tracking numbers to folks who haven't gotten them. Thanks to those who brought this tech glitch to our attention.