HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

If you guys look on our homepage you will see that it says we are just a small business. We do our best to reply to emails (over 50/day) while maintaining full time jobs and families. Best we can do fellas. Not sure why I replied to this but I think it is important that people know who we are so that when emails don't get replied to that folks may be able to understand. We honestly continue to do this not because we make money at it (because we barely do) but so that we can have a "presence" in the truck scene. What sucks is that we get perceived to be larger than what we are and then people talk crap about us when we don't live up to the large business expectation.

Our goal for this year is to get another employee whom can do more management of operations so we can do a better job with all the things we struggle with now.

Our website is designed to help answer 90% of the questions people have. I am sure that many in here can just imagine the ridiculous emails that people send which simply shows a lack of effort to research. If emails are not concise, to the point or come off as "window shopper", no offense but they go to the bottom of the list.

Our FXR kits for the 14+ GM trucks are very popular. We make them in house and are not "mass producing" them. The cost to manufacture would be too much and the sales volume is simply not there. If you order a kit you may have to wait a week or two before we get it to you.

The Sierra kit requires you to remove the lenses so you can get to the projector unit. The kit makes for a perfect "factory " fit. If you aren't handy and/or don't want to open up your lights then don't buy this kit.

The Chevy kit allows for you to mount the FXR without removing the lenses. Open the back, remove oem unit, install the supplied brackets to provide mount holes and spacing for bottom holes on the FXR, use the supplied machine screws to secure one or both of the top holes on the fxr to oem mounting holes. The kit comes with spacers for the top holes but unless you have gumby fingers you probably wont be able to gwt them in there unless you remove the lenses to get access to the entire mounting plate. One of two screws up top is totally adequate. You don't have to be real handy to make this kit work. You will have to cut a clearance hole in your cap and use sealant tape or another waterproofing method. I don't have the back caps finished yet.

I hope this helps. I don't want to come off as a douche in my first part of this message but I get damn frustrated trying to do my best and getting kicked in the teeth for it. Thanks.

Phil

Thanks for the reply Phil. You should put the first few sentences of this post into your "About Us" section on your site.

I'm going to start my silverado install tonight. I would be willing to give you $100 for the kit but since I don't like to wait I'll probably make due without it unless there are alignment issues :(

I have a back caps made and will post the link to order once the test one from this production place comes in. I just want to check their quality before posting it for others to order. I'll order your silverado brackets now so I can put them on when I test the cap. Sweet.

If you guys look on our homepage you will see that it says we are just a small business. We do our best to reply to emails (over 50/day) while maintaining full time jobs and families. Best we can do fellas. Not sure why I replied to this but I think it is important that people know who we are so that when emails don't get replied to that folks may be able to understand. We honestly continue to do this not because we make money at it (because we barely do) but so that we can have a "presence" in the truck scene. What sucks is that we get perceived to be larger than what we are and then people talk crap about us when we don't live up to the large business expectation.

Our goal for this year is to get another employee whom can do more management of operations so we can do a better job with all the things we struggle with now.

Our website is designed to help answer 90% of the questions people have. I am sure that many in here can just imagine the ridiculous emails that people send which simply shows a lack of effort to research. If emails are not concise, to the point or come off as "window shopper", no offense but they go to the bottom of the list.

Our FXR kits for the 14+ GM trucks are very popular. We make them in house and are not "mass producing" them. The cost to manufacture would be too much and the sales volume is simply not there. If you order a kit you may have to wait a week or two before we get it to you.

The Sierra kit requires you to remove the lenses so you can get to the projector unit. The kit makes for a perfect "factory " fit. If you aren't handy and/or don't want to open up your lights then don't buy this kit.

The Chevy kit allows for you to mount the FXR without removing the lenses. Open the back, remove oem unit, install the supplied brackets to provide mount holes and spacing for bottom holes on the FXR, use the supplied machine screws to secure one or both of the top holes on the fxr to oem mounting holes. The kit comes with spacers for the top holes but unless you have gumby fingers you probably wont be able to gwt them in there unless you remove the lenses to get access to the entire mounting plate. One of two screws up top is totally adequate. You don't have to be real handy to make this kit work. You will have to cut a clearance hole in your cap and use sealant tape or another waterproofing method. I don't have the back caps finished yet.

I hope this helps. I don't want to come off as a douche in my first part of this message but I get damn frustrated trying to do my best and getting kicked in the teeth for it. Thanks.

Phil

I just got done installing my FXR's. A projector adapter would make the process go MUCH faster that is for sure. Also, if the morimoto wiring harnesses were not sh!t that would help too.

The relay kit wiring is so short it hardly reaches from ones side to the other.

The retainer clip snapped off while plugging into the ballast on one side.

The 9006 splitter I purchased so I could have 4x highbeams was not crimped right and would not send power to both outputs. Of course I didn't notice this until I had installed the headlight and put the wheel liner back on. Ended up prying the bad terminal open so I could redo it and not have to wait for a replacement.

I used half a roll of 3M Super88 to seal up the dust caps. I hope it holds up until I can get the caps Crf450r420 is making.

Also, the 2.5" FXR projector lens that TRS sent me looked like quarters in the housing compared to the 3" lens.

Why the 2.5" projectors?

When I ordered from TRS they told me I needed the 2.5" projectors so that is what I ordered. I later discovered that they needed to be the 3" projectors so they overnighted them to me with a return label or the 2.5". I held on to them for a few days so I could see the difference at install time....they are quite small :)

Not sure how the rest of you leveled your projectors in the housing but I had a hard time getting them level. I had to keep taking them apart and making adjustments until it was just right. The output looks absolutely awful if both lights are not perfectly level.

Now that I have it all leveled and aimed, the output is amazing compared to stock. I think I need to find some cooler running high beams now because when I flip them on they look like yellow candles :(

Any recommendations on high beams that would match up with XB35 -5500K?

I think he is referring to horizontal plane not vertical adjustment

That is correct. On the first attempt they were both slanted 15 degrees in opposite directions. Only way to correct was tear it all apart .....drill out projector holes and twist to level.

Been there my friend. Worse is since these housings have no adjustment left or right, you need to use washers to space the mounts so they are aimed atraight

I'm not even sure mine are on left to right...i was mostly concerned bout getting them level on the horizontal plane.

When I pulled up to the neighbors garage from about 20-25ft away it appeared as if they were shining about waist high and the distance between lights seemed to be about the same distance the lights are spaced on the grill. I'll try to get some pix tonight when it gets dark.

I'm not even sure mine are on left to right...i was mostly concerned bout getting them level on the horizontal plane.

When I pulled up to the neighbors garage from about 20-25ft away it appeared as if they were shining about waist high and the distance between lights seemed to be about the same distance the lights are spaced on the grill. I'll try to get some pix tonight when it gets dark.

Good to hear. Its kinda a pain if they aren't spaced right.

Thanks for the reply Phil. You should put the first few sentences of this post into your "About Us" section on your site.

I'm going to start my silverado install tonight. I would be willing to give you $100 for the kit but since I don't like to wait I'll probably make due without it unless there are alignment issues :(

I will put that in our About Us section. Thanks bud. We are selling them for $49 shipped. $100 is a generous offer, but too much. Lol. These will be on our website by tommorow. Trying to be careful how much I come off as selling stuff on here since I haven't registered as a vendor yet.[emoji53]

I will put that in our About Us section. Thanks bud. We are selling them for $49 shipped. $100 is a generous offer, but too much. Lol. These will be on our website by tommorow. Trying to be careful how much I come off as selling stuff on here since I haven't registered as a vendor yet.[emoji53]

You guys might as well start packing em and shipping em hahahah I'm sure ur gonna have a few orders tomorrow haha I'm gonna order one fore sure tomorrow!

..... and to everyone else what's a good way to take the dust out the lens without scratching the lens too much ?