HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Anyone have success running hids without a relay harness? Just looking to run 35 watt 4500k in my Sierra headlights.

I received my kit from DDM with the error eliminators but i forgot to order the harness... i changed my order a couple times and must of accidently deleted the harness from my shopping cart.

I've seen posts online about running hids without a harness and error eliminators but it was on a different vehicle. Whether or not it works seems to be vehicle specific.

Edited by hutch08

Anyone have success running hids without a relay harness? Just looking to run 35 watt 4500k in my Sierra headlights.

I received my kit from DDM with the error eliminators but i forgot to order the harness... i changed my order a couple times and must of accidently deleted the harness from my shopping cart.

I've seen posts online about running hids without a harness and error eliminators but it was on a different vehicle. Whether or not it works seems to be vehicle specific.

Morrislee got it to work on his Sierra with another brand of HIDs that had a built in capacitor in the ballast. So its worth a shot to give it a try. Put the DDM capacitor between the stock plug and your ballast and see if it works. Worst comes to worst, it doesn't work and you need to get a relay.

Sorry for the noob question that has prob been reposted to adnnauseum http://m.ebay.com/itm/121526888049?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true Are these true plug and play? Instead of going a full massive projector retrofit ? I wanted to do a retrofit I just cany dump several hundred dollars into a full projector retrofit. But I also don't want a ricer stupid color bulb upgrade. And my hid lingo isn't up to par as many of you experts.

Crisis adverted, I forgot i had a spare harness left over from a yukon that never needed because of there hi/lo bulbs.

I did try it without the harness just for fun, and everything worked... not sure if it would ever have issues not firing a ballast down the road though.

DDM 35watt 4500k bulbs with relay harness and error eliminators. Also installed 5000k COB LED Fogs, Reverse, Cargo, License bulbs and disabled the amber DRL's.

20150204_222035_zpsxex0qkt1.jpg

20150205_115041_zps6p5pee99.jpg

If you guys look on our homepage you will see that it says we are just a small business. We do our best to reply to emails (over 50/day) while maintaining full time jobs and families. Best we can do fellas. Not sure why I replied to this but I think it is important that people know who we are so that when emails don't get replied to that folks may be able to understand. We honestly continue to do this not because we make money at it (because we barely do) but so that we can have a "presence" in the truck scene. What sucks is that we get perceived to be larger than what we are and then people talk crap about us when we don't live up to the large business expectation.

Our goal for this year is to get another employee whom can do more management of operations so we can do a better job with all the things we struggle with now.

Our website is designed to help answer 90% of the questions people have. I am sure that many in here can just imagine the ridiculous emails that people send which simply shows a lack of effort to research. If emails are not concise, to the point or come off as "window shopper", no offense but they go to the bottom of the list.

Our FXR kits for the 14+ GM trucks are very popular. We make them in house and are not "mass producing" them. The cost to manufacture would be too much and the sales volume is simply not there. If you order a kit you may have to wait a week or two before we get it to you.

The Sierra kit requires you to remove the lenses so you can get to the projector unit. The kit makes for a perfect "factory " fit. If you aren't handy and/or don't want to open up your lights then don't buy this kit.

The Chevy kit allows for you to mount the FXR without removing the lenses. Open the back, remove oem unit, install the supplied brackets to provide mount holes and spacing for bottom holes on the FXR, use the supplied machine screws to secure one or both of the top holes on the fxr to oem mounting holes. The kit comes with spacers for the top holes but unless you have gumby fingers you probably wont be able to gwt them in there unless you remove the lenses to get access to the entire mounting plate. One of two screws up top is totally adequate. You don't have to be real handy to make this kit work. You will have to cut a clearance hole in your cap and use sealant tape or another waterproofing method. I don't have the back caps finished yet.

I hope this helps. I don't want to come off as a douche in my first part of this message but I get damn frustrated trying to do my best and getting kicked in the teeth for it. Thanks.

Phil

• Like 4

If you guys look on our homepage you will see that it says we are just a small business. We do our best to reply to emails (over 50/day) while maintaining full time jobs and families. Best we can do fellas. Not sure why I replied to this but I think it is important that people know who we are so that when emails don't get replied to that folks may be able to understand. We honestly continue to do this not because we make money at it (because we barely do) but so that we can have a "presence" in the truck scene. What sucks is that we get perceived to be larger than what we are and then people talk crap about us when we don't live up to the large business expectation.

Our goal for this year is to get another employee whom can do more management of operations so we can do a better job with all the things we struggle with now.

Our website is designed to help answer 90% of the questions people have. I am sure that many in here can just imagine the ridiculous emails that people send which simply shows a lack of effort to research. If emails are not concise, to the point or come off as "window shopper", no offense but they go to the bottom of the list.

Our FXR kits for the 14+ GM trucks are very popular. We make them in house and are not "mass producing" them. The cost to manufacture would be too much and the sales volume is simply not there. If you order a kit you may have to wait a week or two before we get it to you.

The Sierra kit requires you to remove the lenses so you can get to the projector unit. The kit makes for a perfect "factory " fit. If you aren't handy and/or don't want to open up your lights then don't buy this kit.

The Chevy kit allows for you to mount the FXR without removing the lenses. Open the back, remove oem unit, install the supplied brackets to provide mount holes and spacing for bottom holes on the FXR, use the supplied machine screws to secure one or both of the top holes on the fxr to oem mounting holes. The kit comes with spacers for the top holes but unless you have gumby fingers you probably wont be able to gwt them in there unless you remove the lenses to get access to the entire mounting plate. One of two screws up top is totally adequate. You don't have to be real handy to make this kit work. You will have to cut a clearance hole in your cap and use sealant tape or another waterproofing method. I don't have the back caps finished yet.

I hope this helps. I don't want to come off as a douche in my first part of this message but I get damn frustrated trying to do my best and getting kicked in the teeth for it. Thanks.

Phil

Where is ur silverado kit I looked on ur website and I can't find it.

Where is ur silverado kit I looked on ur website and I can't find it.

I am posting it up this weekend (by Sunday). Look back on Monday. I literally just finished the kit before I left for vacation. I wanted to get a "stockpile" built up before I posted online so that people wouldn't have to wait too long for them. They will be offered as an entire kit with the FXR and also separate for those who already have the kit.

Sitting in an airport now so I am able to gwt to emails and things like forums. Lol.

Kool man I just need the adaptor kit like you have for the Sierra ... I got a 2015.5 silverado.... I installed the fxr by drilling into the projector like everyone else and I don't think they are centered and what not. So I've been waiting for someone to come out with and adaptor plate. I'll probably be one of ur first purchases .... how much do you think ull sell them for ?