HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

I installed the Fast Headlights 35w Mini D2S projector upgrade on my 2019 Silverado 2500HD LT. Upgraded the low beam bulb to the Phillips Phillips XV2 Extreme Vision and high beam to Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED. Very impressed, super bright and they were great to work with. I did mod the install through the dust cap using a cable gland. Essentially a pig tail with connectors on either side so I can completely remove the cap & pigtail to easily replace and reconnect the bulb. The gland is on the lower inside corner of each cap.

Headlight mod.jpg

• Like 2

I came home to this today. I ordered the Morimoto kit from TRS. I got the 4500k 35w setup. Unfortunately, probably won't get to them until next weekend. I'll update with my progress. 

20190313_191157.jpg

Edited by Jfaulk
Misspelled

On 3/12/2019 at 8:59 AM, joeb11 said:

I installed the Fast Headlights 35w Mini D2S projector upgrade on my 2019 Silverado 2500HD LT. Upgraded the low beam bulb to the Phillips Phillips XV2 Extreme Vision and high beam to Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED. Very impressed, super bright and they were great to work with. I did mod the install through the dust cap using a cable gland. Essentially a pig tail with connectors on either side so I can completely remove the cap & pigtail to easily replace and reconnect the bulb. The gland is on the lower inside corner of each cap.

Headlight mod.jpg

Where did you get the cable gland

Looks like I should have come here first, but I might be ok anyway? So I have a 2015 SLT Sierra and thought I was going night blind. I got these without doing too much research, but they seem to have improved matters thus far. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K27LJC4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like I should have come here first, but I might be ok anyway? So I have a 2015 SLT Sierra and thought I was going night blind. I got these without doing too much research, but they seem to have improved matters thus far. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K27LJC4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’d ditch those ASAP if it were me. I had a set of similar LEDS in my 15 Sierra SLT before I bit the bullet and went with HIDs from TRS. BEST MONEY IVE EVER SPENT! The LEDs scattered the light so bad it was worse than OEMs when driving in snow at night. The HID kit I’ve got is the Morimoto 5500K 35W and they light the road up like it’s daytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, 300 Blackout said:

I would be interested in replacement caps also.

I used the incorrect drill bit and cracked both of my caps during the install. I patched them up with RTV and a roll of electrical tape but I sure would like a redo to make them look more professional.

You can find oem ones on gm parts websites just do a google search for oem silverado headlight access covers for your year make sure you order the correct ones as the top and bottom are different sizes!

• Like 1

You can find oem ones on gm parts websites just do a google search for oem silverado headlight access covers for your year make sure you order the correct ones as the top and bottom are different sizes!

Thanks. Yep, they are about $20 each. I’m interested in the details about the oversized ones.

here are the extended ones. I think you could possibly make somethi g similar for alot less money if you are creative and handy. I wish there was a rubber universal type that would fit but I have yet to find one..

Link to extended https://www.shapeways.com/product/FTQHHLVEP/a-single-thinner-extended-silverado-headlight-cap

link to oem https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/chevrolet-cover~23215569.html

Edited by Greytrout15

On 3/16/2019 at 7:18 AM, catpartsman said:

I’d ditch those ASAP if it were me. I had a set of similar LEDS in my 15 Sierra SLT before I bit the bullet and went with HIDs from TRS. BEST MONEY IVE EVER SPENT! The LEDs scattered the light so bad it was worse than OEMs when driving in snow at night. The HID kit I’ve got is the Morimoto 5500K 35W and they light the road up like it’s daytime.

Compared to stock, it's much improved. I also don't feel much like tearing apart the front end.

3 hours ago, catpartsman said:

The only thing I had to take apart was the air box. Granted my truck came with projectors so no need to tear much apart at all.

Perhaps I did not understand the process. I also have projectors. I had thought folks were disassembling factory headlights and replacing the projector units.