HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Went with Morimoto GM XB LED Fogs. Aside from the faulty connector which you have to rebuild to make it fit, it's plug and play and with LEDs, you don't have to worry about any overheating issues, etc. Light is a nice clean white. They aren't cheap but I'll probably never have to replace them either.

http://www.morimotohid.com/complete-headlight-fog-light-housings/morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights-type-gm-h16.html

Yes i did see those after doing some research... but those are for the GMC - does anyone have any idea when the Silverado version with the rectangle fog lights will be out? or if they will even make it?

This might be a goofy question, but with the RX-350 retrofit kit, it comes with either 4300 or 5500 HID's. I have 55w 5000K in there now and I like the color and it matches up with the LED DRL's well. I plan on getting the 55W 5500K with the kit. Should that 500K difference make it noticeably more blue? I'd really like it to match the LED's as well as possible, plus I like the daytime light look. Not a fan of the blue that 6000 gives.

Thanks for that. I currently do have an HID kit installed but sounds like I'd need some different bulbs

Did you already order your kit? Just making sure you ordered the lights with the kit as well.

Ordered Monday, I already had a TRS HID kit in my truck so I had Phil just send me the D2S bulbs and D2S leads. The ballast and wiring harness on the TRS kit are interchangeable. FYI RX350 projectors are back ordered right now from TRS. Fingers crossed they are in soon.

• Like 1

This might be a goofy question, but with the RX-350 retrofit kit, it comes with either 4300 or 5500 HID's. I have 55w 5000K in there now and I like the color and it matches up with the LED DRL's well. I plan on getting the 55W 5500K with the kit. Should that 500K difference make it noticeably more blue? I'd really like it to match the LED's as well as possible, plus I like the daytime light look. Not a fan of the blue that 6000 gives.

I am not a fan of much blue either but I do like just a touch. I went with 5500k and 35w. Since you have 55w it will tend to "wash" out more blue color. If I were you I'd go 5500k, with the 55w ballast that will give a very white light.

• Like 1

I am not a fan of much blue either but I do like just a touch. I went with 5500k and 35w. Since you have 55w it will tend to "wash" out more blue color. If I were you I'd go 5500k, with the 55w ballast that will give a very white light.

I'll probably wait until after the holidays to order mind. Hopefully you get yours done by then so I can go off of your feedback

On the DRL s from diode dynamics they have an adaptor that runs from the remote box. It has three wires two being red which I assume both are power. Can I run one to my OEM DRL wires so the turn on like stock. The other to the battery so on days when the parking lights coming on I can manually turn them off which turns off my DRLs then with the remote turn my DRLs on again. Orrrr does that require a relay

Anyone tried a retrofit with these yet!? They are a bi led projector!

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/koito-bi-led-high-low-headlight-projectors.html#.VkbIs5ROKrV

Maybe fast headlights could fab up a adapter for them!

This guy has played with them some already. Looks pretty cool.

http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=2525

Edited by chrises08

Yes i did see those after doing some research... but those are for the GMC - does anyone have any idea when the Silverado version with the rectangle fog lights will be out? or if they will even make it?

You mean these........ ;) They will be out real soon. First prototype right here. It is awful pulling fog lights in 2014 + Silverado though. Nnbs is easy but these new ones you need to pull the bumper off. Aside from that the Morimoto XBLED fogs are awesome.

bb00356c287d2e00e212688daa876148.jpgce33ac3d820769264620456a05337355.jpg4e9ab2e72ac40b6d0c7624f39af27327.jpg

On the DRL s from diode dynamics they have an adaptor that runs from the remote box. It has three wires two being red which I assume both are power. Can I run one to my OEM DRL wires so the turn on like stock. The other to the battery so on days when the parking lights coming on I can manually turn them off which turns off my DRLs then with the remote turn my DRLs on again. Orrrr does that require a relay

You get the rgbw or switchback version?

Anyone tried a retrofit with these yet!? They are a bi led projector!

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/koito-bi-led-high-low-headlight-projectors.html#.VkbIs5ROKrV

Maybe fast headlights could fab up a adapter for them!

This guy has played with them some already. Looks pretty cool.

http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=2525

If you want to buy some and send them to me I will give it a shot:)

It took me about 3 hours to install TRS Silverado spec kit on my 2014 LTZ yesterday. If anyone is on the fence about getting it they are definitely worth it.

It took some time drilling the holes in the dust covers in the right spots so the grommets fit right behind the new HID bulb connectors correctly.

If you take the 12 clips out and removed the plastic cover over the radiator, then you can run all the wires under it and ends up being a very clean install. There is also a place where the relays fit perfectly. I didn't do any drilling just installed ballasts with Velcro and a zip tie to help support them. Below is a few photos of the grommets installed and the relay location.

Good luck to anyone else that gets this kit and if you have a questions I'll help best I can.

2baab9842f754dc322002630ac95088d.jpg

d95982dc8fe4d0934ad89257b42e5693.jpg

ca9fca28d0210ed4e93ca51a40178c75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is a little old but what adapters did you get from TRS to get such a clean setup?

I've read issues with other LTZs with the bulbs sticking out.

This maybe a dumb question but I just installed the TRS Silverado spec kit on my 2014 LTZ on Sunday. The kit installed fine everything works great. While driving home that night my upper parking lamp went out on the driver side. The turn signal filament still works on that side. All other lights work and function fine. Do you think the kit had anything to do with the light burning out or just coincidence?

post-150563-0-47134700-1447804916_thumb.jpg