HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Im really confused by the wire in the photo. Its coming from the headlight of a morimoto HID kit.

This is the driver's side headlight and there seems to be no problems with the HIDs functioning. Did I do something wrong ?

Both grommets come with wires to plug into the stock oem input and for the amp igniter to plug into the HID bulb. If you wired the capacitor link in between the HD relay and the stock OEM input on your passenger side, then those are just extra wires since you only need to wire one side. I just pulled those wires out of the grommet on the driver side and filled the holes with silicone to prevent any chance of moisture getting in the headlight.

Edited by oromero830

8103ff76e5cc16ac2a1dc0d05cfacce7.jpg

OK danger. Here's my problem. I don't know how but half of my teeth on the adjuster is wore smooth off. Now. I'm screwed. Tore the front of my truck apart and can't fix it. Damn

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

If you PM me your address, I will ship you a new adjuster. I won't be home for a week however.

Ended up with the retrofit source morimoto Xb35 and 5500k installed today. Will test them out this weekend as I have a two hour trip to Austin and won't be home til late.

Edited by Roader

OK, I think i might be losing my mind here. I originally bought a Kensun kit, installed it, double, triple, and quadruple checked the wiring and couldnt get the lights to turn on. So, I returned it thinking the kit might be defective.

I decided to buy the Sierra Spec Morrimoto kit and just tried installing it today. Passenger factory connector -> capacitor -> harness -> ballast -> igniter -> HID and on the driver side left the factor connector hanging. Power is wired directly to battery, ground from harness connected to negative battery terminal, ground from capacitor is connected to a fender support bolt. Verified that the ground was good with my Fluke...reading 0 ohms.

I then tested them and neither bulb turned on.

I've installed several HID kits in the past and have never had this hard of a time getting it to work. What the crap am i doing wrong?????

Edited by BSkando

c0b4d216b2f540db551e2edd25ffd705.jpg

I got condensation on drivers side. Good thing I'm opening them back up when I get home in a few days. [emoji12]

I think mine when I opened mine up in a hurry before I left to go on vacation. I might not have used quite enough butyl and I didn't squeeze them together as good. Plus, the first time I sealed them with no issues I used a windshield sealant around the edges after I got everything back together. Oh well.

Anyone have the Morimoto Silverado Spec in factory projects?

I was attempting to install the Silverado Spec kit in my 2015 2500HD Duramax and ended up ripping everything out. I got too frustrated with the lack of room from the back of Hid bulb and the headlight cover, lack of room for the ballast, and the lack of room for the igniters. Unfortunately, I am going to stick with stock. Luckily I only boogerd upon headlight cover by drilling a 7/8" hole in it. Patched up the hole with plastic weld and silicone.

Who know, I might get ambitious down the road and try again, but for know it's on permanent hiatus.

Oh well, $170 down the drain. :tear:

Edited by Lbsigman

I was attempting to install the Silverado Spec kit in my 2015 2500HD Duramax and ended up ripping everything out. I got too frustrated with the lack of room from the back of Hid bulb and the headlight cover, lack of room for the ballast, and the lack of room for the igniters. Unfortunately, I am going to stick with stock. Luckily I only boogerd upon headlight cover by drilling a 7/8" hole in it. Patched up the hole with plastic weld and silicone.

Who know, I might get ambitious down the road and try again, but for know it's on permanent hiatus.

Oh well, $170 down the drain. :tear:

Is it that cramped under your hood?