HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Thanks I ordered it.

Thanks I ordered it.

A very good buy IMO. My 35W 4300K Sierra is night & day difference compared to OEM lighting. What wattage and bulb did you go with?

Ordered my fxr's, osram cbi's, and my sierra kit this morning. Should be at my house when I get home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I am putting HID's in my high, low, and fogs with a relay so when I turn my high beams on my fogs stay on as well. Do I need the anti flicker compactors and wiring harness for all 3 sets? Or is it just for the low beam set? Also I'm going with Kensun because I've had a set of them on every vehicle I've owned and never had a single problem out of them. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I installed the kit and it went pretty smooth. Since it is the Sierra specific kit it should have came with some basic instructions but I just did it how I thought it should be.

I would have liked to see some of the wires a little longer. The quality of the kit was great IMO but I know very little about HIDs. The only thing that confused me was the drivers side ended up needed to leave the plug from the factory head light unplugged. Since it picks up that single for the relay on the passengers side.

I read some people needed to adjust their headlights, was that on the silverado or on the Sierra too? I looked at the alignment with my garage door closed and it looked good. That is about 3 feet of distance from the headlights to the door. It is not dark enough to really test them.

I installed the kit and it went pretty smooth. Since it is the Sierra specific kit it should have came with some basic instructions but I just did it how I thought it should be.

I would have liked to see some of the wires a little longer. The quality of the kit was great IMO but I know very little about HIDs. The only thing that confused me was the drivers side ended up needed to leave the plug from the factory head light unplugged. Since it picks up that single for the relay on the passengers side.

I read some people needed to adjust their headlights, was that on the silverado or on the Sierra too? I looked at the alignment with my garage door closed and it looked good. That is about 3 feet of distance from the headlights to the door. It is not dark enough to really test them.

Yes, the Sierra spec kit is easy to install but I'm like you, when I first installed it it took me like 3+ hours because I'm not very wire savvy. I ended up having to extend the grounding cable on the driver side ballast to get a nice installation. In retrospect I should of just extended the cable to the battery and installed the relay on the driver side extending to the passenger, opposite of how its normally installed. would of been a cleaner setup since there is a big empty space where the AUX battery should go.

Yeah that would have been a good idea. when I mounted the ballast I put the ground wire under one of mounting holes and used the die grinder to remove the paint. Then I put a tiny dab of die electric grease on it.

Thanks for the link to the kit. Think I will be happy with it.

Technically you dont have to adjust if you dont have a level or lift. However, not all are properly adjusted from factory. Always adjust them to fine tune the output just to be sure.

This goes for all sierras pretty much, and only projector based silverado (mostly LTZ+)

I just got home from my first drive with them and the ground on my drivers side was not making good contact so I drove home from work and fixed it. I took it back out and I like it. I am happy with it. I see why people don't like the factory projectors. They are a little spotty hopefully it wont bother me.

Thanks for the help.

I just got home from my first drive with them and the ground on my drivers side was not making good contact so I drove home from work and fixed it. I took it back out and I like it. I am happy with it. I see why people don't like the factory projectors. They are a little spotty hopefully it wont bother me.

Thanks for the help.

I'm assuming you grounded to that mount where the black bar goes 45 degrees to the radiator support. This is where I did mine, just make sure its making proper metal to metal contact. I haven't had issues since I did that during my re-installation.

I know my updates have been few and far between but I will be finishing my RX350 retrofit this week guys. Just waiting on the third wifi controller and then it's all ready to go

I3td91v.jpg

n6mEXRc.jpg

O3sTUcC.jpg

4SzeL2c.jpg

OJzNCtN.jpg

ZH6gNOQ.jpg

eipk1Oy.jpg

Xxxh09R.jpg

Total build is as such

New OEM Housings with LED

RX350 Non-AFS Projectors

Phillips Ultinon 6000k D2S