HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Lol I didn't even check his profile, I figured he was talking about Silverado since we don't have leds on stock. But I would do the other leds that people have been doing to the Sierra. Color changing on both top and bottom.

My only problem is that I have an SLE so I'm not sure about how it would wire up. I'm decent at wiring, but no electrical engineer by any means so when it comes to resistors and capacitors and such I'm no pro.

Two things that I do not have haha. Oh well, I figured that would be the case. I will find a way to put some amber strips in there one day.

Don't worry bud, you're better off saving and getting what you really want, it'll be worth so much more to you. If you're feeling brave you can always buy a switchback strip and install it yourself.

Going to order my fxr retrofit stuff from TRS next week. I'm going to do 50 watt ballasts and some osram bulbs I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Don't worry bud, you're better off saving and getting what you really want, it'll be worth so much more to you. If you're feeling brave you can always buy a switchback strip and install it yourself.

I agree. I just got rid of my 02 Duramax and I disabled the DRL and just turned on the amber park lamps or whatever you want to call them during the day. I got used to that look and I really like it better than having the headlights on all the time.

Going to order my fxr retrofit stuff from TRS next week. I'm going to do 50 watt ballasts and some osram bulbs I think.

Woot! I would consider the Morimoto XB bulbs as well. For their price, nothing will beat 'em.

Woot! I would consider the Morimoto XB bulbs as well. For their price, nothing will beat 'em.

I did a retro with the 35w ballasts and xb4300's in my 2014 that I traded in on 2015 4wd. Loved them. I want a little more though and I run the osram night breakers from 2011 that I run in the retro I did on my srt4. They still work til this day. Just want more than the yellowish look that those have.

I am looking at this kit. Will this work for the sierra?

http://www.alphahid.com/9012-hid-headlight-kit/

I am more confused then ever.

What quality kit is recommended for an SLT? I want a 35W I dont. I dont want to have to tear open my projectors for these.

I ordered that AlphaHid Kit but they emailed me and said it wouldn’t work with my DRL but my running lights are LED strips not the headlights.

Thanks Chad.

:edit:

Will this work?

Screenshot%20from%202015-06-25%20014757_

Edited by Chadwilliam1

Get the sierra spec kit from TRS. It has the capacitor links in the kit needed to keep your lights from flickering.

I am more confused then ever.

What quality kit is recommended for an SLT? I want a 35W I dont. I dont want to have to tear open my projectors for these.

I ordered that AlphaHid Kit but they emailed me and said it wouldn’t work with my DRL but my running lights are LED strips not the headlights.

Thanks Chad.

:edit:

Will this work?

Screenshot%20from%202015-06-25%20014757_

TRS sells a Sierra spec kit with everything you need. Just choose your bulb and ballast wattage.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-sierra-low-beam.html#.VYvt3xNViko