HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Oriented correctly I mean, wires out the bottom?

I typically dielectric grease the guts of the relay and as long as they're hanging correctly you shouldn't have corrosion issues

Yea, that's what customer support suggested too. I had them vertically mounted and had never taken them apart before. Customer support was great and they just asked to send them a picture of the harness cut a particular way. They are sending a replacement harness out now.

When it gets here I'm gonna go out of my way to take them apart and apply some dielectric grease. Hopefully its here soon as I'm driving to Colorado next Friday.

I build and tune boat motors with EFI so my theory that works for me is all connectors get filled with dielectric grease so it comes out when connecting. If it's full of that there is no room for water to even get in the connector.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I build and tune boat motors with EFI so my theory that works for me is all connectors get filled with dielectric grease so it comes out when connecting. If it's full of that there is no room for water to even get in the connector.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Honestly it never crossed my mind. The instructions never mentioned anything about it and the seals throughout the harness looked really well made. Just glad I found the culprit and can get it fixed soon.

Just to circle back on this problem I found out what was wrong. One of my relays was completely corroded.

2Z9ybty.jpg

DwDUHxG.jpg

Not sure what went wrong here. It looks like there was some water/humidity in there but if that's the case it probably happened during manufacturing as my truck has never gone off-road and my relay sits in between my air box and fender.

I've sent the pictures to their customer support. Hopefully he can send me another harness soon. I would like a full kit because even though I tested both ballasts I'm not sure if the corroded relay will affect their lifespan. We'll see though, they usually get back to me within a few hours.

Looks pretty nasty! any holes in the back of the wiring socket?

My DDM ones dont even have those gasket to seal the relay, but I put a ziplock bag over the top and wrapped the whole thing far down to where the wires are. and mounted the relay upside so water flows away if it does get in.

Took a trip from Houston to Dallas yesterday. After about 7:30 hours of driving my hids both turned off. Relay fuse was melted. Can't this lights handle being on that long?

It probably has something to do with all that extra weight you were carrying in the back of the truck bed :P

You have those Anzo headlights with the Anzo supplied hid kit right?

It probably has something to do with all that extra weight you were carrying in the back of the truck bed [emoji14]

You have those Anzo headlights with the Anzo supplied hid kit right?

Ddm tuning hid kit

Lot of information in this thread haha... Does anyone know about the possibility of aftermarket amber led strips that will operate as DRL and also blinkers. Maybe just the whole led strip flash at once or in a sequence like the new mustangs have. Just a thought since I haven't seen anyone talk about this.

Lot of information in this thread haha... Does anyone know about the possibility of aftermarket amber led strips that will operate as DRL and also blinkers. Maybe just the whole led strip flash at once or in a sequence like the new mustangs have. Just a thought since I haven't seen anyone talk about this.

Everything is possible. Just add the led strip wherever you want it, tap into the turn signal wires and you might need to add resistors so you won't get hyperblink. Now so the stock turn signal won't be used as a turn signal that's different because removing the bulb will tell the computer no bulb is there. You will need to either cut that signal wire and use it for the led strip or just cut it and run a switch inside to control it either on or off.

You mean this exact thing?

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/catalog/product/view/id/22545/s/2014-2015-gmc-sierra-switchback-drl-led-modules/category/1451/