HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

K, I didn't want to create my own thread since this one is quite long and still plenty active. But I've been having some issues with my Sierra Spec Kit from Morimoto.

Basically, I have the relay plugged into the passenger side headlight with the driver side connector left unplugged. So what would happen is that sometimes the driver side bulb would not light up, and every time I would start the truck I would get a buzz coming from under the hood until I would turn my headlights on. Is this a bad ground? If so what did you guys ground to? This weekend my driver side bulb pre-maturely went out. Debating if I want to order a replacement set of bulbs if I can fix this.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/166174-morimoto-sierra-spec-hid/page-14?do=findComment&comment=1598873

I searched and found post in the link above which is the same issue I was having. Just wondering if anyone else has other solutions I should try.

http://www.downsouthkustomstx.com/

This guy has a lot of experience and sells only top of the line products. He has information regarding buzzing and one light not working at times. You might try turning off your Auto headlight function. It can cause the lights to turn on and off quickly when starting which can cause a voltage spike in the HID Ballast. I know a couple of guys with his HID kits and they love them. No modification needed to the OE headlight assy. If you believe you have a ground issue, make sure there is a good clean connection to the body and no paint between the bolt and your electrical connector.

Update... I ordered new bulbs for my morimoto kit. One of the old ones had a burnt up connector. Went with 6k this time. Before I put the kit back in I went and extended the ground wires and made one solid ground location. I ran a ground wire along with the positive fused wire directly to the battery posts that way there would be no question if one of the 3 different grounds were good if something were to go wrong again in the future. Also made it that much easier to hook up to the truck instead of finding or making ground locations that work with the location of where the "kit" had them. I would suggest anyway who is installing for the first time to do this and simplify the grounds...anyway, all seems to be working for now.. Fingers crossed!

image_30.jpg

Thanks diode dynamics for working with us and getting these completed. Rgbw boards with true white led not just rgb. Should be building sets in the next few weeks for those who have been waiting. Switchback boards also coming this week as well.

36c34c3cb7fe32b8660c18a0af82eea6.jpgd28fe1075b6ab4bf40a19b17e44b9ab5.jpg73f2c5961a9958568c197033cd294b17.jpg

Hi Fast, how much are these going to run?