HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Yea me too, I was cringing all the way home last night. I'll get 'em fixed though.

Did you ensure the face of the projector mounting bracket was flush and smooth?

On my Sierra, there are a few alignment pins that need to be shaved off to ensure the projector sits flush against the housing body.

I'm willing to bet when you screwed the FX-R in place, the was a nub that is now holding away from the top of the bracket and thus pitching the light up into the air

If anyone wants H11 5500K Low Beam Bulbs, i found some on eBay.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251954156081

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are the same price from the retrofit source, much more reputable than an ebay seller.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/bulbs/morimoto-h11b-bulbs.html

I went to install the TRS kit today with the H11B bulbs and they hit the caps for the headlights. Truck is a LTZ and has the stock projectors. The bulb isnt in the cener of the cap so I can't just cut a bigger hole. Did I get sent the wrong bulbs, or do I have to find a more creative way of installing these?

Edited by thetruck454

That's a interesting idea. Can you still get your hands on it to lock the cap in? I was surprised how much force was required to turn them.

Yep. No problem. The caps are kind of a pain. It is that stupid flimsy gasket that is super annoying. Heating method works real well though.