Truxedo Lo Pro QT tonneau cover

I need to get a tonneau cover for my truck. I like the look of the Truxedo Lo Pro QT. It has a lifetime warranty and locks at the tailgate. Anyone have this tonneau cover or do you suggest a different one? I definitely want a roll up cover with the supports "built in" the vinyl.

I've had it for about 2 years now and it's holding up great. I would recommend it. When I got it there was a guy on ebay (I don't remember who, sorry) who was selling them at a nice discount. You might want to try there first. Also, they install easily, it takes about 15-20 minutes, tops.

If you get it, I would suggest that you periodically check the bolts that hold the track to the frame for tightness. Also, they recommend periodically treating the cover with a protectant.

Well, Just found it for $384.99 and Tonneau Covers World matched that price. It's on it's way. Hopefully now I won't hear from anyone else anything bad. SEMiller thanks for the input.

I had one for about a year and hated it. It flaps in the wind like crazy. I even sealed my tailgate with wearther stripping etc and it still did it. Also, the vinyl is an absolute nightmare to keep clean if you travel on any gravel. The only gravel I have is in my back lane and that was too much. Took me at least 4 or 5 dollars to scrub just the tonneau cover with the soap brush at the car wash and most times it still wasn't clean. Then I'd drive the 100 feet of gravel in my back lane and it'd be dirty again. The small cracks in the vinyl hold on to the dirt like glue. I eventually sold it and now have a bakflip and that was one of the best choices I've made. But I'm guessing most vinyl covers have the same problems so I will never go with a vinyl cover again. But this is just my opinion. :cheers:

I had one for about a year and hated it. It flaps in the wind like crazy. I even sealed my tailgate with wearther stripping etc and it still did it. Also, the vinyl is an absolute nightmare to keep clean if you travel on any gravel. The only gravel I have is in my back lane and that was too much. Took me at least 4 or 5 dollars to scrub just the tonneau cover with the soap brush at the car wash and most times it still wasn't clean. Then I'd drive the 100 feet of gravel in my back lane and it'd be dirty again. The small cracks in the vinyl hold on to the dirt like glue. I eventually sold it and now have a bakflip and that was one of the best choices I've made. But I'm guessing most vinyl covers have the same problems so I will never go with a vinyl cover again. But this is just my opinion. :cheers:

I do not have a problem with flapping. I make sure to pull it tight onto the Velcro when closing it. Granted the cover does respond to wind buffeting, but not enough to bother me.

I have one and love it. The only issue I had was the seal in the front. It lets water seep in right at the corners... I contacted truxedo customer service about it. Even though I bought it through Amazon, they sent me an additional "bulkhead seal" to attach to the rubber flap in the front. I havent installed it yet but from the looks of it, it will do the trick.

Thanks again for the input guys. I hope my experience with it is better than yours AntiChrome. I looked at those bakflip covers too. Super nice just too much dough for me to spend on a cover right now. I will post when I get the cover and let people know how it works out.

I have one and love it. The only issue I had was the seal in the front. It lets water seep in right at the corners... I contacted truxedo customer service about it. Even though I bought it through Amazon, they sent me an additional "bulkhead seal" to attach to the rubber flap in the front. I havent installed it yet but from the looks of it, it will do the trick.

I never had that problem, I am consistently astonished at the fact that the bed remains dry, even during the worst inclement weather, including hurricane/superstorm sandy, the nor'easters we've had and more then a few heavy downpours.

I never had that problem, I am consistently astonished at the fact that the bed remains dry, even during the worst inclement weather, including hurricane/superstorm sandy, the nor'easters we've had and more then a few heavy downpours.

yea I thought it was odd. Tried adjusting it a bit too. The leakage stays in the outside ridge of the bed so its not too much of an issue, just annoying. All in all, still happy with the purchase.

Installed the cover yesterday. Looks good and easy to install. The slack adjusters are at the "loosest" setting and the cover is very tight. Should have plenty of room for adjustment when the cover breaks in. The front corners do look like they will let some water in.

JrocK817, how did that extra bulkhead seal work?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived