GMC Sierra Cold Weather Testing

Those are some good lookin' wheels! If they're 20s, and they appear to be, I want a set!

Should have done some summer testing down south. We might have got a better AC system in the K2.

GM has the best AC hands down, no idea what you're getting at. The 900-series trucks will freeze you out no matter the temp. Even sitting in traffic with the dash indicating 110 last summer the truck was ice cold.

Those are some good lookin' wheels! If they're 20s, and they appear to be, I want a set!

Yeah sign me up for the polished version of those that are on the GMC site.

Edit: Just noticed they are chrome, not polished.

The other reason for posting the video is it gives those who want the monochromatic paint a good idea of how it will look.

GM has the best AC hands down, no idea what you're getting at. The 900-series trucks will freeze you out no matter the temp. Even sitting in traffic with the dash indicating 110 last summer the truck was ice cold.

I agree. Damn good A/C and it's keeping me cool right now.

Those wheels are awesome. I saw a white one on a youtube video that i posted somewhere, that were gun-metal finish. Im thinking the GMC will be my next one. The Chevy front end is better but the chevy chrome clad wheels suck. Plus the chevy Z71 stickers are horrible.

In my neck of the woods Ford is known for having the best a/c and heaters in any vehicle... My dad's 2 cars always had better a/c then my G6 or my Sierra... Never been in a GM vehicle in along time that could beat a Ford's a/c or heater... My gf's corolla even has better a/c then my truck does

I've never been in a Japanese car with strong AC. As for the heater, I can't say I've ever been in a vehicle that had weak heat (that wasn't suffering from some kind of malfunction anyhow). But how hot does New Brunswick get? :lol: It's one of the only eastern provinces I have not been to so I don't know if it is mild-ish in the summer like Nova Scotia and Newfoundland or if it gets awful like Quebec and Ontario can.

Down south where is gets hot, Fords have the coldest ACs and rear vents in crew cabs. One big reason why you see so many Ford work trucks. Problem we have with our GM trucks is you are limited to 60F by the thermostat. Once it hits 60, the cold air backs off. You can't get the cabin down to 40F like on other trucks. If your shades are not fogging up, your AC is not working right.

Manual A/C controls, set to highest fan setting, coldest temp, and on recirc. It will keep going colder than 60

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Manual A/C controls, set to highest fan setting, coldest temp, and on recirc. It will keep going colder than 60

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

This is true. If I have mine at 60 and on recirculate it will freeze me out.

Down south where is gets hot, Fords have the coldest ACs and rear vents in crew cabs. One big reason why you see so many Ford work trucks. Problem we have with our GM trucks is you are limited to 60F by the thermostat. Once it hits 60, the cold air backs off. You can't get the cabin down to 40F like on other trucks. If your shades are not fogging up, your AC is not working right.

40 degrees. Riiiiiiight.

It gets in the 30's quite often in summer and over 40 with humidity for a few weeks july/august... still need good a/c and ford has the best... pretty much anyone round here would say the same... our heat is usually with high humidity so it's worse, Need a good a/c... I remember my dad's old tempo, holy lord... that thing would make frost haha

It gets in the 30's quite often in summer and over 40 with humidity for a few weeks july/august... still need good a/c and ford has the best... pretty much anyone round here would say the same

Must be limited to the trucks as the A/C in my Mustang sucks compared to my Silverado.

Archived