Photos from my first drive of the 2014 Silverado

not sure how guys aren't fussy on the interiors....they are way better imo. nice looking truck and cool colour too!

I don't like how the vents and center look like their on an underlying layer of the dash. I think it would look better if they looked more built in to the top layer. I also don't care for the buttons on the steering wheel. I do like the guage cluster though.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do like the extreriors,I'm with Daryl in that I'm not crazy about the interiors,but I guess they'll grow on me.

As of right now I do plan on ordering an extended-cab (IE-"double-cab") with the 6.2

Nice work, thanks. I agree with most as I like the exterior but no so the interior. I am not a fan of the box up high on the dash, but I know they did it for safety. My 09 SLT dash in dark/light titanium is great to me. This new dash will just have to do if the other changes are good enough to trade. The 5.3 may have enough grunt now if the 6sp and T/Q mgt are not so intrusive.

Any comments on the front door not being as long? Is the B-pillar now a bigger factor for us long legged drivers.

I do wish they would have stolen a trick from Toyo and put the chip resistant paint on the rocker panel and bottom of the doors. My 09 looks like a shoot gun was used on it.

Nice work, thanks. I agree with most as I like the exterior but no so the interior. I am not a fan of the box up high on the dash, but I know they did it for safety. My 09 SLT dash in dark/light titanium is great to me. This new dash will just have to do if the other changes are good enough to trade. The 5.3 may have enough grunt now if the 6sp and T/Q mgt are not so intrusive.

Any comments on the front door not being as long? Is the B-pillar now a bigger factor for us long legged drivers.

I do wish they would have stolen a trick from Toyo and put the chip resistant paint on the rocker panel and bottom of the doors. My 09 looks like a shoot gun was used on it.

Torque Management has been dialed back, as far as I could tell. The new 5.3L was strong and didn't require any transmission kick-down to accelerate, unlike our Sierra.

Answered your other question in the live drive thread :cheers: Doors and b-pillar seemed perfectly acceptable to me.

There is a rougher type of paint that is applied along the bottom of the rocker panel. I'm not sure it's rubberized but it's a different texture than the rest of the body.

Yes rock guard and other stone chip provisions have been put in place and is a welcome addition with as thin as the paint is on these vehicles now a days.

I too was apprehensive about the interiors looks but after spending some time IN it I'm more of a fan. Very comfortable seating for sure. However, being 6'3" I find there to be no more room in the back seat (crew cab) and the lack of door opening size (head room) a bit of a problem when compared to the 900 series trucks.

Torque Management has been dialed back, as far as I could tell. The new 5.3L was strong and didn't require any transmission kick-down to accelerate, unlike our Sierra.

Answered your other question in the live drive thread :cheers: Doors and b-pillar seemed perfectly acceptable to me.

There is a rougher type of paint that is applied along the bottom of the rocker panel. I'm not sure it's rubberized but it's a different texture than the rest of the body.

Thanks, sounds like some good news.

Yes rock guard and other stone chip provisions have been put in place and is a welcome addition with as thin as the paint is on these vehicles now a days.

I too was apprehensive about the interiors looks but after spending some time IN it I'm more of a fan. Very comfortable seating for sure. However, being 6'3" I find there to be no more room in the back seat (crew cab) and the lack of door opening size (head room) a bit of a problem when compared to the 900 series trucks.

I prefer to just get the vehicles 3M'd. Getting that protection when the vehicle is new is a hell of a good investment.

A friend of mine has a Toyota crew max and my brother had a '12 F150. The back seats on those are great. The back seat of the crew cab I have now has no more room than the 97 Chevy ext cab I had in high school. So if the new ones aren't NOTICEABLY larger in the back seat then they must be still cramped. I carry 2-4 clients several times a month and the back seat of my '11 is a joke.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

From what I have read elsewhere the cab dimensions did not change, but the b-pillar was shifted forward. Maybe that improved rear legroom some but probably not alot.

A couple of thoughts on the interior just from looking at pictures:

1 - Lots of new storage spots in doors, etc. which is a big improvement.

2 - Dash and door panels appear to only come in dark colors regardless of interior color combo (unlike ltz / slt 900s)

3 - The rear of the center console seems worthless now. My older 900 has rear radio controls, flip down cupholders, and a charging port. Newer trucks look like they have nothing but a big hole.

4 - Having a separate button for the cargo light is a big improvement over the 900s.

5 - Headlight / 4WD knobs seem to be just randomly placed over on the left side somewhere.

6 - I like the high mounted touchscreen.

I also find it odd that my old 2008 LT had map pockets in the rear doors where my 2010 and 2011 both have no pockets in the doors. Not a deal breaker, but more money for less features?

Anyone who thinks that the current rear seats have enough leg room owes it to theirself to see what the competition is doing out back. I dislike Fords, but, even with the front seats all the way back there is still ample room(as much as a 900 with the seats nearly half way forward.

The B pillar change will only improve entry and exit points.

My 2011 ex cab has map pockets!

And the room in the back of Ford crew cabs is shocking. One of my customers has one and we took it to lunch a few months back and I did a double take when I peeked back there.

My 2011 ex cab has map pockets!

And the room in the back of Ford crew cabs is shocking. One of my customers has one and we took it to lunch a few months back and I did a double take when I peeked back there.

The LTZ crew cabs don't have them, in the doors. The seats do. None in the doors.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Archived