Pickup Truck.com Impressions

Are you sure Bob Putz did not have something to do with this truck? I say that because all the good stuff is missing.

No console shift and No rear heating and cooling may be enough to drive me away from being a life long Chevy Truck person, oh yeah and a dash that looks like my supper...................after I ate it!

Love the exterior of the trucks and the look of the seats and console.....................but the rest of it?????????

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob Lutz is the man. No idea what you're talking about. And joking aside I've never had issues with the back seat passengers being too hot or cold. And console shifters belong on cars, not trucks. They just waste space.

Things I miss on my old 800 that I would like to see return:

- Rear HVAC vents

- Under hood light

- Glovebox light

My 900 came standard with rear radio controls. I assume those are still gone?

Definitely all this needs to come back. And a decent set of factory tires wouldn't hurt either. Those Good years look like crap. The Bridge stones may have not been great but they at least looked good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

To be fair no truck aside from special stuff like the Raptor or Power Wagon comes with decent rubber.

This is true, but it would be nice to see someone take the lead and just do it.

I agree but putting non-crap tires costs money and MSRP for the three brands is usually quite close for similar trucks so I don't see them jumping at offering good tires without increasing the price, which they won't do because people who are foolish enough to window shop at MSRP will go for the lower price.

Never have seen the need for rear A/C on a crew cab truck. SUVs, absolutely. My '05 Lariat had rear A/C and it was totally useless. My current Z71 will freeze you out of the back seat, and it's hot down here in LA. I agree on the under hood light, and glove box light. My 2011 Z71 is way too nice of a truck to not have those simple features. I think my '85 S10 had an underhood light.

To be fair no truck aside from special stuff like the Raptor or Power Wagon comes with decent rubber.

Yes, agree. I drove my '09 Sierra from the dealer to discount (about 60 miles) and put on Michelins. Seems like they gave me 60-75 a tire for the new take offs. Added bilstein 5100s and high speed balance on the truck and the highway ride is the best I have had in trks or subs.

My friend has an '07 Sierra with 20s. He finally change the goodyrs for Michelins and said ride, handling, noise and stopping all improved.

Well here in South GA it gets hot, really hot. AC vents in the back would be nice, not to mention relieving. Ford sees the need for them. Not sure about Ram.

Another thing I think would be nice is to move the backup camera to a place other than the tailgate, like maybe the bumper. If you have the tailgate down it's hard to see where you are backing. Like if you have an ATV in the bed. Maybe a way to rotate it so it either shines down or back, or a switch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I agree but putting non-crap tires costs money and MSRP for the three brands is usually quite close for similar trucks so I don't see them jumping at offering good tires without increasing the price, which they won't do because people who are foolish enough to window shop at MSRP will go for the lower price.

Yea the price would definitely go up for better tires. I mean it's not like they make enough money on them now... :rolleyes:

Things I miss on my old 800 that I would like to see return:

- Rear HVAC vents

- Under hood light

- Glovebox light

My 900 came standard with rear radio controls. I assume those are still gone?

Hey guys!

Yes, we do see many of your posts where you express what

features you would like to see make a comeback, features that you like or

dislike, and how excited most of you are about the new 2014 models. Unfortunately,

I do not have the resources to let you know if or when a certain feature like

glovebox light, or under hood light will make a comeback. As soon as I get the

information, I will let everyone know.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.,

GM Customer Care

Jennifer, by all means, please pass along to the big wigs in Detroit to please bring back the underhood light as well as the glovebox light. I am very happy knowing that GM is putting in bed lighting for the new 2014 models, long overdue.

Jennifer, by all means, please pass along to the big wigs in Detroit to please bring back the underhood light as well as the glovebox light. I am very happy knowing that GM is putting in bed lighting for the new 2014 models, long overdue.

Yep, then in the next body style they'll get rid of it :lol:

I am excited about the under rail bed lighting. Thats one feature that will be great. The lack of ability to independently turn on a bed/cargo light now(2011 Silverado) is regrettable. Cannot wait for that, and the better limited slip and better rear axles.

Archived