Pickup Truck.com Impressions

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad article but it shows ignorance that they call out GM on their stability control being undefeatable- Ford and Ram are the same way. And I'm also sick of the emphasis on these luxo-barges- I can't imagine what GM could possibly add to take it above the High Country trim. Nevermind that we have not yet seen the Denali to see what it does. Also completely disagree on the console shifter, they have no place on trucks.

The one trim I'd like to see GM add is an answer to the Ford STX and the Ram Express- a half-notch below mid range trims with the usual power accessory options, a V8 and most importantly body color trim to ditch the awful chrome. Though I will admit the new Silverado wears it much better than the current one.

Do you think the decision makers at GM ever read reviews OR are they so insulated that it never happens?

Thus far the media seems to be luke warm at best when GM had so long to get this exactly right?

I really like the appearance of everything I have seen in general. Am not a fan of touch screens, so will be interesting to see where each trim level starts/stops.

As far as the higher trim trucks? I do not understand the need for north of $50k Platinum/Limited units, but go to a Ram/Ford forum & there are people ordering them all day long with more crap than comes on a Jaguar.

Edit: Just watched the video of the driving review here. They seem more than luke warm as mentioned above...

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/05/video-2014-chevy-silverado-impressions.html

GM does monitor these sites and I'm sure they read the reviews. As to where that info goes, I haven't a clue.

In that article it does mention the regular drive trucks had 3.08 gears and only the tow/hauling trucks had 3.42s. I imagine the lower gearing on an unloaded truck would help eliminate some of the not-quite-criticism of the power delivery. That and if I buy a new one, you can bet I'll run E85 to push the 5.3 to 380 HP assuming the 6.2 won't be available in a truck I'd buy. As for the rest, I'd just chock it up to media favoritism. Lots of these publications get off on being overly critical of domestic brands, GM in particular and I feel that site in particular favors Fords.

I didn't like touch screens for the longest time but I like the Advent in my truck and I've been pleased with the MyLink system in renal Malibus I've had. GM has by far the most intuitive system compared to Ford or Chrysler.

As for the top trim stuff, whatever I guess. They're nice and all but even if I could drop $60k on a truck, no way in hell I would.

Apparently the big fuel tank is an option.

Likely only as before where long beds (8' only) will get the 32 gallon tank. I see no option to add the big tank to the crew cabs you can currently build.

GM does monitor these sites and I'm sure they read the reviews. As to where that info goes, I haven't a clue.

In that article it does mention the regular drive trucks had 3.08 gears and only the tow/hauling trucks had 3.42s. I imagine the lower gearing on an unloaded truck would help eliminate some of the not-quite-criticism of the power delivery. That and if I buy a new one, you can bet I'll run E85 to push the 5.3 to 380 HP assuming the 6.2 won't be available in a truck I'd buy. As for the rest, I'd just chock it up to media favoritism. Lots of these publications get off on being overly critical of domestic brands, GM in particular and I feel that site in particular favors Fords.

I didn't like touch screens for the longest time but I like the Advent in my truck and I've been pleased with the MyLink system in renal Malibus I've had. GM has by far the most intuitive system compared to Ford or Chrysler.

As for the top trim stuff, whatever I guess. They're nice and all but even if I could drop $60k on a truck, no way in hell I would.

Likely only as before where long beds (8' only) will get the 32 gallon tank. I see no option to add the big tank to the crew cabs you can currently build.

Your Malibu's had kidney issues? :cool: Bad humor, but stuck in a truck stop in Phoenix AZ.

Totally with you on the price point. The truck I bought a month ago is too nice to be used as a truck in my view(may get sold because of that) & do not understand why anyone needs to spend more to throw the wife/kidz in to go to the mall/big box lumber yard on the weekends. However, Ford/Ram & seemingly Toyota are looking to cash in on that market.

Sorry. RENTAL Malibu. :lol:

Ford and Ram want to cash in on the premium truck thing cause it is a cash cow. Same reason the Escalade is so important to the bottom line- you take a chassis/platform that sells for low $20k price ranges and stuff it full of leather and electronics and charge triple. Big money to be made. But prices do seem to be going up- I can't build a reg. cab GM yet but doing a Ford how I want puts MSRP around $33k. Ram was similar but that was just for comparison sake as I won't consider a Ram for my next truck.

Im so glad they didnt do that shifter in the console business. If its not a manual, it should not be there using up valuable real estate. Looks better? Its a shifter, no. Do people brag about my shifter looks better than yours! Probably Ford guys and Hummer H2 douchebags.

I would not have liked a dial like Ram as much though, but eventually we could all get used to it. Are we too lazy to reach up?

I am pissed about the assclown who decided not to include rear seat AC vents. I

Don't need it. I sit up front. :lol:

Besides pending major life changes my next truck won't have a back seat anyhow. Reg cab with the biggest engine and lowest gears possible.

By that you mean female fun interference?

GMT bachelor club for life :cheers:

Yeah. This job is pretty destructive to my social life. Pretty much just accept it and move on. :lol:

I don't ride in the back, but my kid does. It is relevant. The older trucks rear a/c sucked. I believe the rear seat at least on the high country, should have its own controls like the rear seats of a Tahoe. Maybe that's a stretch but I'm hoping for the far out, newest tech.

I would not call it newest tech. Older GM trucks had rear HVAC before it was due contented. Ford and Dodge full size trucks still offer rear HVAC in some upper trim levels. Still holding out for the GM Platinum level truck to have rear HVAC. We have yet to see the real top of the line K2 trucks.

This is what gets on my nerves with GM. They do this stupid crap all the time. They had it in the 800's, and then take it out, along with the dedicated cargo lamp button. It was in the 800, and then not the 900, but now it's back in the K2 trucks. It's stupid if you ask me they should keep these options in the first place, and build upon them every new body style not flip flop back and forth on whether each body style has them or not!

I put three kids in the rear, and they have never complained about too little a/c. In fact, I usually get hot and turn it up, and they complain. I'm near the windshield w/ all the sun/heat, so it works out.

Archived