How to program remote memory recall for the driver seat 2012 Silverado

I am looking for info on how to program the remote memory recall settings for my 2012 Silverado. I had to replace my main number 1 key fob due to it failing and now noticed that the memory seat position is not working when I press the unlock button on the remote key fob. I tried resetting my seat position with the number 1 button on the door but it makes no difference. The other orginal remote recalls memory seat number 2 but I can't get number 1 to work at all.

Have you read page 3-9 in the owners manual?

Yes I have but it does not tell me how to program my new #1 fob to work with the #1 memory seat settings. If I use my wife's key fob it sets the seats to her settings, but the truck does nothing when I use my key fob, the #1 and #2 buttons on the door work fine.

make sure your settings are changed in the dic before you reset #1. the memory setting saves many things, set up remote memory recall, your seat and then hold 1 until it beeps twice. that should do it.

• Like 1

make sure your settings are changed in the dic before you reset #1. the memory setting saves many things, set up remote memory recall, your seat and then hold 1 until it beeps twice. that should do it.

Yup done that and checked the dic settings all I have in the dic is remote memory recall, on, off, and no change, I'll probably have to take it to the dealer again to get them to program it.

• 6 years later...

I have the same issue on my 2012 Suburban and I found a link to rockauto for a ACDelco Key Fob Programming Instructions. https://www.rockauto.com/genImages/327/Instruction_Sheet_Key_Fobs_030.pdf

Which states that 2011-2013 Silverado 1500 need to be programming using a scan tool at a dealership or ACDelco Service Center