More info on 14 Silverado/Sierra

Neat find. Too bad they've locked out the 6.2 from everything but high end trucks, not thrilled with that at all. Hopefully Chevy versions will allow it on lesser trims.

Yeah, I was hopeing it would be avail on sle at least.

Good thing is that the 6.2 doesn't say that it requires a double or crew cab. We can still hold out hope that there will be a 6.2 regular cab short bed hot rod available!

If such a beast is built, I'll be first in line at the GMC dealer up the road from me! I do need to see both in person though but right now I really like the GMC more which is too bad because I've been nothing but impressed with how the Chevy dealer here has treated me.

Ryan we have spoke on multiple occasions about the 6.2 being available on reg cabs , with nothing in the literature saying no. I have high hopes that GM does allow the 6.2 in a reg cab !!! Time will tell !!!!

Well unless Ford makes some meaningful updates to the 2014 F-150 or Ram miraculously increases their awful GVWRs, I will be buying a 2014 GMC SLT crewcab 6.5' box with the All-Terrain package. (Yes, despite being an owner of GM trucks for almost 30 years, I hold absolutely no allegiance to them - whoever offers the most appealing light duty truck for my purposes gets my business.)

Has GM announced any dates as to when the different configurations will be available to factory order or build dates? I know the 5.3 l crewcab shortbox models will be the first available - I'm wanting the same except with the longer box.

Can anyone provide a guesstimate as to the likely payload of such a truck? From what I can tell the maximum tow package won't be available with the All-Terrain package (since that includes the Z71 off-road suspension) so the GVWR should be 7200 lbs. What do current well-equipped (i.e. almost all available options) SLT models have as an actual payload? (A typical door sticker figure, not the maximum available for the stripper model figure.) That information would be very useful to me. Thanks.

FYI - The official GMC Brochure is now available

http://www.gmc.com/content/dam/GMC/global/master/nscwebsite/en/home/Vehicles/Current_Vehicles/2014_Sierra/Model_Overview/02_PDF/2014-gmc-sierra-download-brochure.pdf

According to the brochure, the 6.2 is only available on SLT.

The brochure also confirms that the crew cab is the same existing size as the GMT 900 but they added a few inches of leg room by " cleverly using the existing space ".

Here are some additional points if found interesting...

- Front 3 passenger leather appointed 40/20/40 split bench with 10 way power seat adjusters including power lumbar control, heated seat cushions and seatbacks, 2 position driver memory (does not apply to lumbar adjuster) and adjustable head restraints only available on SLT - good news for us who want a 6.2 and 6 passenger seating!

- no subwoofer for front bench seat, Bose 6 speaker system is available without subwoofer. ( they must be using a center front speaker to count 6)

- Rear DVD entertainment system only available with front bucket seats

- Express down on ALL windows.

- Steering column is now tilt and telescopic

- Z71 package now includes

- Rancho monotube shocks

- High capacity air cleaner

- Hill Decent control

- Underbody shield package

- Eaton Heavy Duty Automatic locking rear differential

There has never been a subwoofer with a bench seat, AFAIK.

There are four speakers in the front doors and two in the rear for a total of 6. With the buckets you get 7 speakers (subwoofer).

Not sure if this was posted here yet, here are some spy shots of the High Country Silverado and Sierra Denali.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/chevrolet-silverado-high-country-spy-shots/full/#photo-5787484

I like the white Sierra with the gun metal grey wheels.

Wonder why the rear bumper is different, meaning without the "side" steps on the corners.

I bet the rear bumper is without side steps because it looks higher end than the plastic side step bumper

Wonder why the rear bumper is different, meaning without the "side" steps on the corners.

They are probably using the same colour matched bumper as the All Terrain which doesn't get the rear steps.

Well I just saw one in person during lunch. a LTZ Silverado crew in a lighter blue with M plates. Only got a very brief glimpse at it but I do like the front end more now that I've seen it in person.

Archived