First official 2014 Silverado & Sierra specs - 355hp 5.3L

Had my hands on an all terrain edition, cc yesterday.

Interior was nice. Carbon fiber accents and accent lighting are a nice touch.

Big thanks to Ford for the gauge cluster.

Engine compartment looked ok.

Frame and underbody are nearly identical to a 900.

I see they finally put some rock guard on the rocker panels, doors and box.

Mud flaps on the front of the rear wheel well openings to keep the garbage out of the rear brake calipers.

With the help of the rear bumper step and box side grab handle one can finally get in the bed without the assistance of a ladder.

Whoever spec'd out that completely stupid wheel and tire package should be canned, period. Chrome wheel capped Goodyear sra tires, W.T.F,?!?

I know in the pictures that the engine compartment looks way to over crowded.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they shortened the front end a few inches?

The gmt900 engine bays had plenty of room and the new engines are same displacement.

Still no dimensions and specifications page on the gmc or Chevrolet website to see if length, width etc changed.

Maybe they shortened the front end a few inches?

The gmt900 engine bays had plenty of room and the new engines are same displacement.

Still no dimensions and specifications page on the gmc or Chevrolet website to see if length, width etc changed.

I was thinking they crammed the engine up more for more interior space, but I don't know. Looks like a mess to me if you have to work on anything, but I'm not buying one so it won't be my problem.

I was thinking they crammed the engine up more for more interior space, but I don't know. Looks like a mess to me if you have to work on anything, but I'm not buying one so it won't be my problem.

It still didn't look as crowded as others.

As for more interior room? I'm 6'3" and still didn't fit in the back any better than I do in the current trucks.

It still didn't look as crowded as others.

As for more interior room? I'm 6'3" and still didn't fit in the back any better than I do in the current trucks.

This is the picture that I saw. You could tell better in person because you know how it is with pictures, but my first impression was it looks pretty tight.

tapatalk_1359140774545_zps1a8d6eeb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad GM stuck with V8 power for the main engines. While Ford is going withe V6. Sorry Ford but I have never seen a V6 live up to its hype over the years. You have to have your foot in them all the time to get any power!

I am glad GM stuck with V8 power for the main engines. While Ford is going withe V6. Sorry Ford but I have never seen a V6 live up to its hype over the years. You have to have your foot in them all the time to get any power!

Ecoboost is different. You don't need to slam the gas pedal to get it going besides, it has more torque than GM's 5.3 L.

Yeah at what RPM? I know when you run for groceries you hav rthe engine at 6000 rpm a lot! ahhaha

I have heard all the sales hype for years on v6 engines. They never do what they are touted to do!

Ecoboost is different. You don't need to slam the gas pedal to get it going besides, it has more torque than GM's 5.3 L.

If you want torque go with a diesel if you want raw horsepower I will take a LS6 or an LS7 thank-you very much.

Oh yeah and if things are that tough that you have to penny pinch for every nickel of gas, sell your truck and get a bicycle!

If you want torque go with a diesel if you want raw horsepower I will take a LS6 or an LS7 thank-you very much.

Oh yeah and if things are that tough that you have to penny pinch for every nickel of gas, sell your truck and get a bicycle!

LS3, LS7, LS9 or a 572 for me then :D

But I want both...

I want the torque and HP as well. Chevy will prob announce a light duty diesel a half hour after I buy a K2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm hoping for an option to have the trim, handles, and mirror caps painted. That chrome looks like cheap after market rip offs.

Seems odd that this is what they use to introduce us to their newest offering. Chrome clad 20s and nerf bars nearly dragging the ground.

The Goodyear SRA should be against the law to brand as an AT tire. Why not call it what it is and just say low rolling resistance P metric rip offs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Archived