First official 2014 Silverado & Sierra specs - 355hp 5.3L

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait for the 6.2L numbers. I say its around 430HP & Torque. Just detuned from the Corvette.

I'm not too worried about the HP, I just want to get that sexy, sexy torque curve that they were showing off with the LT1. The low end on these new engines is going to be fantastic.

Ya they work but they aren't as tough as advertised, I've blown up 3. And the ones that lasted at around 100k miles they didn't work very good. The one in my truck now is pooched as well, gonna get a grizzly locker. The "G" must stand for "grenade" cuz that's all they seem to do with time...

I changed the oil in my diff a week ago and the magnet looked like a Christmas tree with chunks on it. :)

This guy is the person I look out for buying used cars. He abuses his truck because he looks at them like a dime a dozen. I'm more looking for a guy who understands if you care about something you take care of it.

Ya they work but they aren't as tough as advertised, I've blown up 3. And the ones that lasted at around 100k miles they didn't work very good. The one in my truck now is pooched as well, gonna get a grizzly locker. The "G" must stand for "grenade" cuz that's all they seem to do with time...

I changed the oil in my diff a week ago and the magnet looked like a Christmas tree with chunks on it. :)

This guy is the person I look out for buying used cars. He abuses his truck because he looks at them like a dime a dozen. I'm more looking for a guy who understands if you care about something you take care of it.

Ya I wouldn't buy anything from me either :)

I use a truck like a truck, when I break stuff I generally put something stronger/better quality in anyways...I still take care of my stuff. Owning a truck is a hobby to me, spend all this money on something nice I wanna have fun with it. Not just baby it like it was a friggin Bentley.

I have personally owned 2. 2004 and the current 2009. Both of them have:

"clunked" going from P to D

"clunked" from a stop to roll

"clunked" from a roll to a stop

"clunked" shifting from 2nd to 3rd.

Both years have been clunky bitches. Now, It may not be the G80 locker. It vary well maybe something else. I do know its sucks, it's annoying and shouldn't ever be happening.

Have never had a problem with them, but the last two trucks here were 3500's. That said both were way overloaded on a regular basis. Do remember the clunk in the older half tons were usually cheap u joints. U-joints were also a issue on a 2001 Trans Am, but bought that used & am pretty sure the previous owner assumed one pedal or the other needed to be on the floor at all times. :banghead:

The last half ton(other than the what I bought a week ago) was in the fall of '99. Never towed trailers with it, but did make sure it had a locking rear when I ordered it, again no issues.

I have personally owned 2. 2004 and the current 2009. Both of them have:

"clunked" going from P to D

"clunked" from a stop to roll

"clunked" from a roll to a stop

"clunked" shifting from 2nd to 3rd.

Both years have been clunky bitches. Now, It may not be the G80 locker. It vary well maybe something else. I do know its sucks, it's annoying and shouldn't ever be happening.

my uncles 08 GMC 1500 did this, they found that the exhuast pipe was hitting the drivetrain all they did was move over the exhaust and no more clunking.

• 3 weeks later...

The rear discs were a crappy design that allowed the inner pad on the passenger side to get wrecked by road dirt/debris. Besides, my 2011 with these horrible drums stops much better than my 2003 with magical rear discs. And the Tacoma I once had also used drums out back and it has the shortest 60-0 braking distance of any midsize.

The rear discs were a crappy design that allowed the inner pad on the passenger side to get wrecked by road dirt/debris. Besides, my 2011 with these horrible drums stops much better than my 2003 with magical rear discs. And the Tacoma I once had also used drums out back and it has the shortest 60-0 braking distance of any midsize.

Thanks to larger front discs

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Had my hands on an all terrain edition, cc yesterday.

Interior was nice. Carbon fiber accents and accent lighting are a nice touch.

Big thanks to Ford for the gauge cluster.

Engine compartment looked ok.

Frame and underbody are nearly identical to a 900.

I see they finally put some rock guard on the rocker panels, doors and box.

Mud flaps on the front of the rear wheel well openings to keep the garbage out of the rear brake calipers.

With the help of the rear bumper step and box side grab handle one can finally get in the bed without the assistance of a ladder.

Whoever spec'd out that completely stupid wheel and tire package should be canned, period. Chrome wheel capped Goodyear sra tires, W.T.F,?!?

Pedal is way firmer too. I noticed the same in 05+ 800-series trucks too.

Night and day driving my 04 then going to my friends 06

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Archived