GM-Trucks.com will drive the 2014 Silverado in May

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seems small but I'd be curious to know if:

You can fully dim the dash lights.

If there is an actual 4WD indicator on the gauge cluster.

If you can turn on the cargo lamp independent of the dome light.

1. How do the new step in bumpers work ? Also do like good in person ,or are the chintzy ?

1b. Is the front bumper steel like on the current GMC models or are the front bumpers plastic covered chrome like the Chevys?

2 . Are the LED bed rail lights standard equipment for all trims ? Also how do they work in the field so to speak .

3. Will the 34 gal tank still be standard equip in the reg cabs , and will the 34 gal be available in the extended and crew cabs this time ?

4. Will the snow plow prep still be available in 1/2 tons despite the electric powering?

5 . What do the new stainless steel wheels look and feel like , are the beefier then current plastic chrome veneered ones?

6. Lastly and most importantly will the 6.2 be available in any cab or trim you want ? I mean if you wanted to custom order one is it doable , unlike the current generation where you are SOL unless its a extended or crew cab .

That's it for now , I am sure ill think of more .

If u go to Chevys site and build a 2014 , one of the wheel choices are stainless steel wheels

You are correct. I skipped past them at ... steel. But they will have 17" stainless steel clad wheels.

Find out if the deployable(Amp Research-like) running boards are going to be available from the factory. I love my Amps!

I hate those things on any vehicle! :lol: You would understand if you did auto transport & when you are unloading vehicles & standing 7 feet or so in the air, they about knock you off the trailer. There is not much room between the outer edges of large vehicles & the rail you are standing on. If you do not see them, you forget about them followed by words not fit on forums. Ford Expeditions are usually the ones that get me. :rolleyes:

4. Will the snow plow prep still be available in 1/2 tons despite the electric powering?

Yes, Regular cabs only.

5 . What do the new stainless steel wheels look and feel like , are the beefier then current plastic chrome veneered ones?

They are stainless steel clad steel wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting close to that may 9 th date , everything still on track for your meeting ? Will they allow you to take pictures ? If so I would love to see some up close regular pics! There are none so far that I have seen . Also some interior pics would be awesome ! Thanks

Cab*

Yes, everything is still a go! I fly to Texas on Wednesday and will drive the Silverado on Thursday.

I will be posting live updates in a few places.

The GM-Trucks.com Facebook Page

The AutoInsane Twitter Account

Future Live First Drive Thread to be posted

When I can, I'll also sit down and upload photos and info to a live thread that I will create in this forum. Should be a busy few days for me. :cheers:

Archived