GM-Trucks.com will drive the 2014 Silverado in May

I have just confirmed that I will have the opportunity to drive the new 2014 Silverado in early May. My best guess on the exact date is May 9th.

This is a great opportunity for GM-Trucks.com and we plan on taking full advantage of it. :driving:

Let's use this thread as a place for your requests about what I should do, what I should cover, and how you want me to show you the all new Silverado.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm definitely interested in how the new engines drive vs. the old ones. Since it is likely the new trucks will have the ECMs that can tell when a tune has been used I hope the trucks are strong from the factory.

Where will the drive be? Need a co-pilot?

It will be in Texas. I wish I could help you out. :lol:

I'm definitely interested in how the new engines drive vs. the old ones. Since it is likely the new trucks will have the ECMs that can tell when a tune has been used I hope the trucks are strong from the factory.

This is where having Project Sierra around is great for seeing the differences. I'll have a direct GMT900 -> K2XX comparison.

The current ecm's can already data log.

The current ecm's can already data log.

Can you clarify that? It was my understanding that if you flashed back to stock on these trucks you were okay- is that not the case?

Can you clarify that? It was my understangding that if you flashed back to stock on these trucks you were okay- is that not the case?

ECM cals can be backtracked. Any transmission and engine repairs are not to be performed until the calibrations in the ecm and tcm have been confirmed as GM cals, from what I understand. I've heard of guys getting past it but I just looked at ecm cals out of an '11 Silverado today and it had every cal in the list that ecm ever had installed. Third one back wasn't GM. Bub bye warranty.

It'd be nice if you could test the 4 wheel drive on different off road scenerios, but I doubt they will allow it :lol:

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

I am very interested to hear more about the new interior design. Comfort, design, accessibility, sound system, NAV, etc. I love my current truck, but the interior is downright plain. I'd like some more detail on these new interiors over what I've seen in a few pics.

A very good personal source spent a few days heavily thrashing some CK2's off road. It was in snow but they beat on them pretty good and all of them made it out of the woods under their own power. He was most impressed with the 4.3 honestly. Considering that new trucks drivetrain is mostly the same as the 900's, they work about the same from what I understood.

ECM cals can be backtracked. Any transmission and engine repairs are not to be performed until the calibrations in the ecm and tcm have been confirmed as GM cals, from what I understand. I've heard of guys getting past it but I just looked at ecm cals out of an '11 Silverado today and it had every cal in the list that ecm ever had installed. Third one back wasn't GM. Bub bye warranty.

No.

If they can prove the tune caused the failure, sure, they can avoid covering the repair but they can't just void your entire warranty because they see evidence of a tune. That's not how it works.

No.

If they can prove the tune caused the failure, sure, they can avoid covering the repair but they can't just void your entire warranty because they see evidence of a tune. That's not how it works.

Per TSB # 09-06-04-026G, "If a non-GM calibration is found and verification has taken place through GM, the remaining powertrain and driveline warranty MAY be blocked and notated in Global Warranty Management (GWM) and the dealership will be notified. This block prevents any UNAUTHORIZED warranty claim submission".

Sorry to derail the thread.

It'd be nice if you could test the 4 wheel drive on different off road scenerios, but I doubt they will allow it :lol:

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Actually, yes, we'll have the ability to partake in "off-roading" whatever that means. Hopefully it'll be a good test!

Per TSB # 09-06-04-026G, "If a non-GM calibration is found and verification has taken place through GM, the remaining powertrain and driveline warranty MAY be blocked and notated in Global Warranty Management (GWM) and the dealership will be notified. This block prevents any UNAUTHORIZED warranty claim submission". Sorry to derail the thread.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not surprised. Every time I discuss engine tuning with a GM engineer they usually claim "if there was extra power to be had, we would have done it ourselves" or something along those lines.

Lets keep this thread on-topic going forward please.

Archived