Side Molding: Covered Under Warranty?

When I got to work today I noticed that ALL the molding on the sides of my truck are starting to peel off. It looks like the foam tape that is used to hold it on is starting to fall apart and disintegrate. My truck is a 2011 with only 16,000 miles so this should be fixed under warranty right?

As long as you purchased the warranty with it you should be fine..seems odd it's falling off.. I'd take it off and go without personally I think trim looks like hell regardless.

Sent from your truck via Tapatalk

That will be covered under the 3yr/36k mile warranty. My dad had the same issue on his '09 HD a few years ago. Some dealers will just peel it off....prep it...and put the old molding back on with new tape. Others will order a whole new molding. Just kinda depends on the dealer I think.

When I got to work today I noticed that ALL the molding on the sides of my truck are starting to peel off. It looks like the foam tape that is used to hold it on is starting to fall apart and disintegrate. My truck is a 2011 with only 16,000 miles so this should be fixed under warranty right?

Under normal circumstances, this is something that would fall under the Bumper to Bumper 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. I would have to recommend contacting your local dealer regarding your concern for a diagnosis. Keep me posted and feel free to reach out if you need additional assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Peeling as in falling off or shrinking? My truck has 13K on it and mine are shrinking. I can see the tape on the ends, I think mine has shrunk a half an inch. I need to get some bug/tar remover to see if it will remove the tape residue

As long as you purchased the warranty with it you should be fine..seems odd it's falling off.. I'd take it off and go without personally I think trim looks like hell regardless.

Sent from your truck via Tapatalk

I like it. Helps cut down on door dings.

Archived