Cooper Zeon LTZ Weight?

LT1MCSS

I have narrowed down my set of wheels I'm going to get now I need to pick a tire and size.

I noticed a lot of people seem to like the Cooper Zeon LTZ's and I really like the look of them. I can't find any exact info on weight though.

I'm looking at tires sizes 275/55/20 and 275/60/20

On a Titan forum someone said the 275/60/20 weighs 53lbs!!! is this true? That would probably put the 275/55/20 in the 50-51lb range I would think. Those are really heavy if those are the correct numbers. Other tires I'm looking at in those sixes are in the 42-44lb range.

Other tires I'm looking at are:

Yokohama Geolander ATS (currently run these on 2 vehicles with no complaints, just kinda like the look of the coopers) - 42lbs/43lbs

I currently have the 20" factory combo which is around 78lbs. (36+32). The new wheels I'm looking at are listed at 31.4lbs. So if the Zeon's do weight 53lbs I would have a weight gain of 6.4lbs per wheel. I drive in a lot of traffic on the weekdays and my mpg is already bad enough. I really don't want to add to the problem if I can get other tires that are much lighter and maybe even save a couple pounds per wheel or break even.

I will have the 275/60/20 Zeons on in about a week and I will let you know what it does to my mileage.

Will you have the tires in your possession unmounted at all or are you just going to a shop to have them put on? If you have them unmounted any chance you could toss them on a scale? The gas mileage info could be really useful though. I would appreciate that. Even though you have a 6.2 I would think it should be close to proportional.

The more I look at it, I think I'm going to be stuck running a 275/55/20. Originally I was thinking of trying to run the 275/60 but I think even if i level my Avalanche the 33's will be too big. Ideally a 32" tire would be perfect but.....the only 20" 32" tire I can find that they actually make is a 285/55 and those are $$$ for some reason. Tire choice are also extremely limited in that size.

The more I look at it, I think I'm going to be stuck running a 275/55/20. Originally I was thinking of trying to run the 275/60 but I think even if i level my Avalanche the 33's will be too big. Ideally a 32" tire would be perfect but.....the only 20" 32" tire I can find that they actually make is a 285/55 and those are $$$ for some reason. Tire choice are also extremely limited in that size.

305/50/20 cooper is a 32" tire

I tried a 275/60R20 on my truck in the cooper discoverer ht plus. The shop mounted it for me and they test fit. It barely rubbed and that was with it up on the rack. So I settled with 275/55R20

Sent from my PIECE OF CRAP DROID X2 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

What year is your Avalanche?

What year is your Avalanche?

Its a 2009

Archived