Washed, polished, and waxed

tyhuck

Shes all clean and shiny, and a little lighter. I washed her up, polished it with some Meguiars Scratch X 2.0, and topped it off with a thick coat of TW Ice paste. The Scratch X took out a full years worth of East Texas Pinstriping (limb scratches from driving in the woods).

I also took the camper shell off. Took it off for a couple of reasons. 1. I wanted to see how it would look with the spare tire carrier but without the camper, and 2. I didnt want to have to wash and wax that thing too. Ill do it seperately later.

DSCN1296.jpg

Here it is with the shell on,

DSCN1285.jpg

Here she is with it off.

DSCN1295.jpg

Which do you like better.

Before anyone says to, Im not taking the tire carrier off because the carrier is too dang heavy to take on and off, I will not go without a spare, and I dont want that heavy thing in my bed to act as a projectile in a collision or just there taking up space as I haul stuff quite frequently. I just cant decide if it looks funny the way it sits.

Oh, I almost forgot. I also added a new accessory.

DSCN1297.jpg

I got one when I got my in-person tune, but I like the new style that came with my AutoCal better.

I actually like the spare tire carrier without the cap.

Nice sticker too. I need a new one :( maybe with my camaro tune.

I actually like the spare tire carrier without the cap.

Nice sticker too. I need a new one :( maybe with my camaro tune.

no top.. looks tougher that way.. and where did you get that tire carrier and how much was it?
pretty sure he made it

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

no top.. looks tougher that way.. and where did you get that tire carrier and how much was it?
pretty sure he made it

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Yep, its custom built by yours truely.

I like it either way but I like just a bit better without the cap. I'd only put a cap on mine while camping (I don't like my truck to look like a SUV.) NEVER ditch the tire carrier, that is an awesome feature I want on mine (business opportunity for you if you ask me.)

Without the shell. I had to do a double take when I first saw the photo, thought it was a jeep with the tire carrier. But you have a nice looking rig there!

Looks great both ways, but Im partial to without!

What he said. I also like how you have just enough black on the truck to even everything out. It looks good! :thumbs:

Looks great both ways, but Im partial to without!

What he said. I also like how you have just enough black on the truck to even everything out. It looks good! :thumbs:

X3, it looks great, but any truck looks a little better without it. Spare tire rig looks awesome.

Archived