chip for a 94 k1500?

I'm looking to get a chip for my son's 94 checy k1500 5.7l (350).

currently it has hedman hedders w/ true dual 2.25" flowmaster exhaust w/ flowmaster 40 series mufflers, and its got a K&N cold air intake and a throttle body spacer.

I know theres quite a few brands out there that happen to make a chip for the old OBD 1 style like this truck but I'm not sure which brand to go with. I'm kinda looking into Hypertech and Jet since they seem to be a big/popular company but then there are some others that seem just as good too, and just about all of them have money back guarantees but I would still rather just get one I know is good and not be having to return a chip, then buying another and returning it until I find one I like.

another brand I found that seems pretty neat is performance chips direct since you can adjust how much power gain you get, wether its more power or better fuel mileage.

this truck is a daily driver so I dont want to do stuff to it that will ruin his gas mileage or break the bank, any other recommendations are appreciated too.

thanks

I have a Jet stage 1.

Two noticable improvements.

1. throttle resopnse in nice and crisp.

2. it will hold a gear much longer. The truck doesn't lug while towing because of early upshifting. Sometimes to get it to upshift I have to feather the throttle a little which is not a big deal.

Other than that, I can't tell any other improvements.

I've kinda looked around at what brands there was and I am leaning towards Jet as well because they seem to have a good bit of stuff for his truck including transmission programmers which he says he wants to do later on for the fact that when we put a chip in it we want to program the transmission as well so we arent wearing it out as much and anything to improve the transmission will help as well.

we're getting the stage 2 Jet chip for his since he's got free a flowing exhaust on his truck.

I've kinda looked around at what brands there was and I am leaning towards Jet as well because they seem to have a good bit of stuff for his truck including transmission programmers which he says he wants to do later on for the fact that when we put a chip in it we want to program the transmission as well so we arent wearing it out as much and anything to improve the transmission will help as well.

we're getting the stage 2 Jet chip for his since he's got free a flowing exhaust on his truck.

Only bad thing is it recommends you have to run high octane fuel.

We recommend stage 2 Hypertech, you will get more bottom end and midrange power. We also delay the torque converter lockup until 42mph so that will help as well. Usually you'll get around 1 to 2 mpg gain also.

• 3 weeks later...

I probably allready know the answer to this question but are the G-force and auto chips direct chips a waste of money and/or a scam?

I'm sure they are but I wasnt sure if anyone has actually tried one and if the chip actually worked.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived