Anyone have pics running 275 70 17

BabyJesus

Attached is a pic of my '04 with 275/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor's on American Racing Outlaw II rims. I believe the rims have the same offset as the stock rims. The pictures not the best, but it's the only one I have right now. I'm running steel rims for winter.

post-25218-0-72468400-1330379160_thumb.jpg

It is also skinnier too. Truthfully it is a personal preference between the two, you either like a tire that is wider and a bit taller than stock or you like a tire that is a lot taller than stock but is not much wider than stock.

Personally I prefer wider vs taller, but to eash their own.

wider is going to be the general consensus here... just google search tire size calculator.

you'll find a speedo calculator on some mazda miata forums...thats what i've always used.

regards to MPG's which one? also throwing the speedo off more than the other

Speedo will be further off with the 275/70's

MPG's will be pretty close, they are both usually E rated and rolling mass and tire weight are close. I saw a 2-3 mpg loss with on my old truck when I went to 285/65/18 Trail Grapplers and before anyone says the mpg calculator on the DIC was off, it was corrected by Blackbear and I also calculated it manually.

You will notice that the 275/70's are usually cheaper than the 285/65 counterpart.

regards to MPG's which one? also throwing the speedo off more than the other

Speedo will be further off with the 275/70's

MPG's will be pretty close, they are both usually E rated and rolling mass and tire weight are close. I saw a 2-3 mpg loss with on my old truck when I went to 285/65/18 Trail Grapplers and before anyone says the mpg calculator on the DIC was off, it was corrected by Blackbear and I also calculated it manually.

You will notice that the 275/70's are usually cheaper than the 285/65 counterpart.

^^^ This. A taller tire will have more effect on your speedometer, but either one will be heavier than stock....which will drop your mileage abou 2-4 mpg depending on your driving habits. If money is tight, go with the 275's...if not, I think a wider tire looks better, IMO.

Archived