I want the G80 locker installed...

strafingmoose

Question

Hey guys,

So yeah, I bought this nice truck but the only thing that irked me about it is that it's got no locker. A bit annoying in winter time I can say.

So my question to you techies is; have you ever had a customer asking for it to be installed ? If yes, how tricky/costy of a job can that be ? Do you think the dealership should guarantee the job ? For how long ?

Thanks.

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it did not do well in that test because those idiots do not know how to use it. they just keep punching it. slow and steady wins the race here.

g80 lockers are awesome. much better than lsd in my opinion. much more usefull off road and in icy conditions.

I have yet to see one blow from normal use.

the major reason gm trucks have gone to **** cheap weak crap is because people excuse the weakness they have built into the trucks since 88. no solid axel in front, weak engines cause of **** torque management in the electronics, ha ha, die hard gm since birth and this is what they give me to defend, no big block, car like built trucks, ha, jokes. you people that love them are posers that dont work your truck, haha, wax your chrome wheels wannabees, you need a yugo not a truck.

Gotta wonder how they've continued to sell trucks for the past 24 years if they have been nothing but crap. Grow up. Get off the forum of youre going to put down the truck 'us people' have learned to love. And I like my truck looking nice on the weekends when I'm not driving through contruction sites... Hmm I wonder if that justifies using a truck what it's meant for???

Oh 88 and up? You must be referring to the best looking, most durable trucks ever. There's a reason ranchers still buy 88-98 CK trucks. Why don't you tell us all about how you drive on dirt roads every day, and go off road all the time, and solid axle front suspension is better? It's no Dana 60, but Chevys IFS holds up pretty good. Did I mention it rides nice too? Yeah, there's street queens everywhere, but that doesn't mean you have to call em out, what did they do to you? Geeze.

By the way, a 5.3 or 6.2 has more power than most of the old big blocks I'm sure you love. My buddy has a 454 Vortec in his 97, I'm gonna tell him to sell it though, since "weakness has been built in since 88...."

the major reason gm trucks have gone to **** cheap weak crap is because people excuse the weakness they have built into the trucks since 88. no solid axel in front, weak engines cause of **** torque management in the electronics, ha ha, die hard gm since birth and this is what they give me to defend, no big block, car like built trucks, ha, jokes. you people that love them are posers that dont work your truck, haha, wax your chrome wheels wannabees, you need a yugo not a truck.

People who trash talk the electronic controls usually do so because they don't understand them. The 5.3 in my truck today is 50x the engine a lethargic, smog equipment-laden 454 was in the 80s or 90s. No one makes a big block because of fuel regulations and the 6.0 (and surely whatever GM has up it's sleeve for the new rigs) is better than any gas engine GM has ever used before. And IFS is better than a solid axle for 99% of the users out there.

Archived