Tire width difference???

tomr80

1st question: nitto terra grapplers or cooper zeon ltz tires which you buy and why?

2nd question: would a 275/60/20 tire do better (mpg, handling, wear) than a 305/55/20 or 33/12.50/20????? They are all 33" tall??

Needing new tires and got it narrowed to these? Size is throwing me.....

the coopers will last longer, grapplers have soft tread even though they look really nice and way expensive won't last as long.

disagree. ive had my terra grapplers for 4 years and 80,000 miles and theyre not bald at all. they are the load e, 10 ply so theyre not exactly a light duty tire which could be the difference. and i do a lot of highway driving.

The Nitto Terra Grappler is available in a 275/60R20 "P" rating so it is lighter (at an advertised 42lbs) than an equivalent size in a LT or XL rating. Should be a good option for style and weight. FWIW, my Cooper Zeon LTZ in that size is XL rated and weighs 49lbs.

...But 305/55R20 look more better anyway...

Well I put a 305/55/20 on. It looks awesome, nice balance of wide and height. It not either of these tires lol! I actually seen a kumho kl78 and asked if that was available. He had them in stock so I bought them! Quite a bit cheaper and he said he would put them up against nitto's and cooper's any day of the week! He guaranteed 50k out of them. They look pretty mean looking too! AND they don't rub AT ALL!!!!

Good luck with those Khumos!!!!! I have a set that only have about 10,000 miles on them and they are looking kinda spent... Good for me was they where brand new replacements for the factory's when I bought my truck in June of 2010....and I switched up to winter/summer tires/wheels..If I didn't go summer/winter the KumHoes would be spent....lol

You got a bad set or something cause one of the guys working for him had a set on his Tahoe and had 55k on them and are just about done. 55k and 10k..... Hmm hell of a difference... Don't think he would sell them to me and write down my milage if 10k was all he was getting out of them. He did say rotate rotate rotate. I'm gonna take them to him every 3k miles for rotation. He said he'd do it for free.

Archived