Newbie From Suwanee, Ga With A 94 Gmc Sierra

CarbonGS

Hello All,

I'm new here to this forum. Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. My name is Tony Van Nguyen. I am 25 year old and work as a Sales Manager / Installer at a custom audio, video, performance, and accessories shop in GA. I've been working on cars since I was 7. I've done a lot of the work on my cars but will be the first to ask for help when I get stumped. I specialize in audio, video and performance parts and love fabricating with fiberglass, wood, etc... Everything I build personally for myself I try to make unique, one off, or custom.

I've heard this is a great place to find some information, great people and advice. I recently sold my 1967 Ford F100 and found another project truck that is something I can work on and drive at the same time. :) So, it was natural to use some of the money that I got from the sale of the truck and put that towards a good daily that is practical, easy to use, and easily attainable for a good price. Of course, I had to find something a little more unique. The result, a 1994 GMC Sierra. A little background on the truck. It is was purchased from the 2nd owner. The original owner had it for 20k miles and was then sold to the gentelman I bought it from in 1995 and he has had it ever since. The truck has 183k on the odometer and is in great shape. It has never been wrecked and there are 0 door dings. It has a very clean 350 (5.7) under the hood with an automatic transmission.

One huge selling point for me on the car was the background. The owner restores old cars and is a Harley enthusiast. He clearly took care of the truck as you will see in the pictures below. The interior is mint and only has two small hairline cracks on the dash. There will be more pictures posted as I build the truck. I plan on respraying the truck in a year or two but will keep the original color. The clear has started to peel in places but the truck itself is in awesome condition. Going for a more resto-mod type build on the truck. I'm going to keep most of the ques on the truck as I love the smooth moon wheels and the stance is perfect for me. It already has an air lift rear kit installed so I am good to go when towing. I hope that it will be something more practical, kinda showy, but mostly reliable :sigh:

This is my project car that I've been working on for the past 6 years.

3486840875_1720d63fff_o.jpg

3487657646_0fa33a3a90_o.jpg

On the International AllStars site

http://www.teamallstars.com/cars/01lexusgs300.php

Just did an overhaul on it and built the audio and suspension up in the trunk.

99nnn-12.jpg

99nnn-31.jpg

99nnn-32.jpg

99nnn-21.jpg

Here's the truck. I think I'll call her Lucy :sigh:

IMAG1054.jpg

IMAG1055.jpg

IMAG1056.jpg

IMAG1057.jpg

IMAG1058.jpg

IMAG1059.jpg

The motor

IMAG1064.jpg

The incredibly clean interior

IMAG1060.jpg

IMAG1063.jpg

IMAG1061.jpg

There is already a subwoofer box in there. I'll have to take it apart and see what I can do to update it.

IMAG1062.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived