Removing Aftermarket Chrome Rockers

I just bought a white 2009 Silverado LTZ and it have those stupid chrome rocker panels on it. I've heard some people say it will pull the paint off but I don't think it would be any different than pulling the body molding off like I did on my '03. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this the best and safest way possible?

Alsoooo while I'm here, it has the chrome door handles and chrome mirror covers. Does anyone know how to take off the mirror covers? I saw the thread on how to take off the door handles but nothing on the mirrors. I am wanting to go with a black theme on this truck but am torn on whether I should go with black gloss mirror/door handles/covers or go with white, and eventually I am going to get the white color matching grill with a black bowtie but I have considered going with black on the grill.

Any suggestions and ideas would be great!!

Thanks!!!

post-90332-1299209794_thumb.jpg

To remove those panels will take a lot of time and elbow grease. The whole back of the panel is covered in 3M adhesive tape......pain in the a#% to remove, but if you soak it with adhesive remover, it will start to release. You will end up destroying the panel......if you use something like dental floss and pull it in a sawing fashion between the panel and the body, it will help to release the tape.....just keep adding the remover fluid, let it work, and at it again with the floss.

As for the ones on your door handles, ????, no idea, sorry.

Good luck with that......

I would apply some adhesive remover a couple times a few days before your plan to do it, just so it can soak in. Between that and a heat gun, it shouldn't be a terrible job. As far as the door handles go, it's pretty straight foward and there are write ups out there. IMO white would look best on your truck.

As far as the mirrors, I believe it's best to start at the bottom inside and pull out and up. There are also write up's on how to do this as well.

IMO white or chrome would look good, but I would go with white.

Alsoooo while I'm here, it has the chrome door handles and chrome mirror covers. Does anyone know how to take off the mirror covers? I saw the thread on how to take off the door handles but nothing on the mirrors. I am wanting to go with a black theme on this truck but am torn on whether I should go with black gloss mirror/door handles/covers or go with white, and eventually I am going to get the white color matching grill with a black bowtie but I have considered going with black on the grill.

Any suggestions and ideas would be great!!

Thanks!!!

How To Remove Mirror Covers

Archived