K2 Program Starts Tommorow 1/2/11

when a "program" starts, They start making what the truck will be. My dad works in chassis, so I only get to know about metal shells and frames. They pretty much make it from computer drawings, work with engineers on what works where. Starts with a sheet of metal and some hammers on a table with blueprints. Of course at the same time other departments are designing interior, drivetrain, etc. Takes 7-9 months to go from sheet metal and a hammer to testing and tweaking. Extremely stressful.

What is the K2 program?

BTW jut wondering I see a nick like yours on Camaro site you the same guy?

K2 is the new truck platform. 2012, 2013 I'm not sure when we'd expect to see them.

• 1 month later...

where does your dad work. they have been doing this platform for a few months, they have done t events at marion stamping and already have started looking at what will need to be changed in the assembly process, like what job opperations need major changes or what will stay about the same.

where does your dad work. they have been doing this platform for a few months, they have done t events at marion stamping and already have started looking at what will need to be changed in the assembly process, like what job opperations need major changes or what will stay about the same.

That's good because this thread was started a few months ago....... :lol:

:cheers:

i really hope the dont make it ugly or manage to make it worse then the GMT900 in terms of sheetmetal, paint, bumpers, interior noises, etc.

I agree with you about ShitMetal :seeya:

Yea me too. I don't have any interior noise though. :D

Archived