Need Help With A Headlights.

For some reason, both my OEM low beam headlight bulbs blew out, and I had to change them today.

Question: I changed the bulbs and pluged them back in, on the connector to the bulb there is a yellow and grey wire. What color wire should be on the top (facing the sky)? The headlights work, but I want to make sure I don't have the wires reveresed.

Thanks,

Tom

It should only plug in one way...if it will go either way, I don't think it matters, the bulb will light either way.

Both of mine blew within a week also. Oh, and don't worry about trying to take the headlight out...it's a pain...even more on a GMC. Just get some small hands and do both.

It is irrelevant. If I remember in the morning I will check mine, but it doesn't matter. In fact, GM wired the headlights backwards (Negative as positive, positive as negative) for these trucks. Maybe to keep people from messing with them, who knows. Either way, headlights work by current running through a wire in a sealed piece of glass with gasses in it. Which side of the wire the current starts on is irrelevant. It is simply heating the wire. If you reverse them and the circuit still lights the headlights, let it roll. No biggy.

Archived