Truckin Magazine

jro909

i began reading this mag about a year ago, i enjoy it enough to be subscribed to it...one thing that bugs me about it, is it seems highly dominated by either bagged trucks with 54 inch spinners or giant monster trucks that need an elevator to get in the cab..i would like to see more middle ground in this magazine, also maybe some cheaper/easier mods..most of them are in the upper grands...overall a good magazine, probably the best truck mag i've found yet next to diesel trucks

i have been reading Truckin for the maybe 3-4 years. its my favourite mag. i know what you mean about jacked up or lower trucks. they do more of the cheap builds, medium truck builds. etc. lately on the website they have been building two GMT-800's. one 4.8 and one 5.3 the 5.3 started from small bolt on's to a 383 stroker with supercharger.

I read Truckin'. There is also a magazine called 8-Lug HD Truck published by the same company. You can't subscribe to it but I buy it at Wal-Mart. They feature alot of real world trucks. LINK: http://www.8-lug.com/index.html

i bought one magazine of 8-lug and i loved it more than truckin actually, the one i bought had an article of a VERY nice duramax with stacks. it looks real sharp and it was a daily driver i believe.

yeah i got a subscription because my little cousin was selling crap for school and that was the only magazine worth reading...but so far i'm getting sick of looking at low riders, its a waste of a truck...cover of this months was a slammed powerstroke with 28 inch dubs...what the hell is wrong with people...yeah i bet they hook the gooseneck to the roof of the cab

I enjoy that magazine. It has a lot of ads though. I like the articles and the wild stuff. Gives you ideas about paint and brakes and stuff. Like waterbourne paint. Pretty cool. Street trucks is good to. I'm no lowrider but its fun.

Don't get me wrong, I can respect the work that goes in to low-riders (even if it's something that seems crazily unnecessary, like what jro is talking about). Hell, there's some lo-lo's out there that look good and will get a thumbs up out of me. But I'm a 4x4 guy, If I can bust the hell out of it just simply going over a curb I have no use for it.

Archived