Ctek Us 3300 Battery Charger

Today I bought and installed CTEK US 3300 Battery Charger for use with 12V batteries.

I have a similar product installed on my BMW sedan and they work great for anyone who parks their vehicle outside or at work for long periods of time in severe cold (usually -20 to -35 Celsius). Got to love Saskatchewan winters...

I installed the permanent connections to the pos and neg terminal of the battery and connected the plug in to the same extension cord that my block heater is connected to. So when I plug in my truck at work (sits for 12 hours) my block heater will be on as well as a small trickle/float charge to the battery, keeping it at the proper voltage to ensure easy start up. Combine that with 10 min of command start and I will be laughing.

The CTEK charger is basically a manual charger with a computer in it, sensing if the battery is in need of voltage, or if it is full, when it will not supply a charge. It is small and easily installs in the engine compartment. I ran the small wires along some black tubing in the back of the engine (dash side), around to the circuit box where the unit was tied down with zip ties. I then ran the cord down with my block heater to the back side of the tow/recovery hooks where an extension cord with 3 plug ins is tied down. The male end of the cord is then zip tied to my opposite tow hook (passenger side) visible from the front of the truck. Another extension cord will then connect this to the external plug-in in my parking lot.

I bought it for $53 from Canadian tire. It is basically the same as a battery tender (can’t be purchased in Canada).

It can also be used to charge your summer vehicles battery while it is stored, with the battery in or out of the car.

http://www.ctek.com/EN-US/consumer/mus-3300.aspx

Is anyone currently using this product or a similar model? Let’s hear your feedback.

Archived