Chuck's Black Truck

I have had my new 2010 1500 Silverado Crew Cab LS for about a week now. I am loving the truck. Just gotta make it mine.

So far I have had Quantum paint protection applied (May be BS but the Warranty is Worth it), removed the front valence and lisence plate mount and intalled a Rough Country Leveling Kit.

On the Agenda:

285/70/17 Firestone Destination A/T (whenever they get here)(I will be selling the Wrangler STs)

Herculiner (Today)

Steps (any suggestions?)

Bull Bar

Hitch

Black Bowtie front and rear

I wanna keep posting pics as i do things. Let me know what you think.

New

130146.jpg

Valence Rmoved

132435.jpg

I will put up some pictures of the leveling kit later. We videoed the install also so i will link that when it is up.

Thanks for looking

Nice truck. As far as step bars I like Westin step bars. If you're looking for a DIY bedliner there are multiple options. I know they installed one on an episode of TRUCKS a few weeks ago. They did an episode on work truck renewal and installed one that could be both rolled on, and sprayed on. It looked great. They chose to spray it on.

Got some pictures of the leveling kit before and after.

132315.jpg

101205.jpg

130146.jpg

101305.jpg

130229.jpg

101334.jpg

Raised the truck 1 7/8 inches at the corner of the front bumper, and one inch where the doors meet. Super easy install and i think it makes a huge difference in the way a truck looks. A local offroad shop wanted $150 plus an alignment and it took me and a buddy about an hour and 15min to do start to finish.

There are holes behind the plate mount. THey are not even drilled holes. the plate is just screwed in. They are barely noticable and looks better than the worthless piece of plastic hanging off of the front. I cleaned the holes up a little, but don't know what to do about it further. any suggestions?

Also today I did the Antenna delete that i found on the forum. THANKS! My antenna started hitting on my garage door after the level and would be worse with the tires.

I did lose one local FM station inside my garage but I can pick it up in my driveway.

There are holes behind the plate mount. THey are not even drilled holes. the plate is just screwed in. They are barely noticable and looks better than the worthless piece of plastic hanging off of the front. I cleaned the holes up a little, but don't know what to do about it further. any suggestions?

Also today I did the Antenna delete that i found on the forum. THANKS! My antenna started hitting on my garage door after the level and would be worse with the tires.

I did lose one local FM station inside my garage but I can pick it up in my driveway.

Did The Antenna Delete, Painted my Bowtie and Filled the Holes from the plate holder with some push button things from Lowes.

084652.jpg

123314.jpg

123947.jpg

124054.jpg

removing the lower valence will decrease your milage by 2 mpg :rolleyes:

Looks good, people stop posting the front leveling kit I am going crazy it looks so awesome. I am waiting until my tires wear out then going to add some better AT tires and the front kit plus maybe some rear blocks???

Nice looking truck!

Looking good so far. Reminds me of my trucks infancy. :thumbs:

I don't think my "baby" will have quite the diet yours had. Maybe grow up to be a point guard, not a center. I feel like some things are supposed to be chrome: Bumpers, grills and wheels.

If i didn't have to worry about a commute or parking garages my truck would eventually look like your trucks' ugly brother.

Archived