School Me On How Afm Works.

the system itself looks great on paper, but theres far more effective ways to stay away from the pump...needless to say i won't own afm ever, i'll get a 6.0 next unless they release a 5.3 without afm

My truck started chattering at 1600 miles. I would suggest not buying afm, its a joke. My wifes 05 Tahoe with 3.73 gears and a 4 speed get .2-.4 mpg less than me and i have a 6 speed trans and 3.42 gears in my truck.

To help control contamination within the active fuel management hydraulic system, a small replaceable oil filter is located in the valve lifter oil manifold oil inlet passage. The oil pressure sensor monitors engine oil pressure and provides information to the ECM.

First I have noticed reading this. This is not a scheduled maintenance item. Should it be? How much of a PITA would it be to replace?

• 1 year later...
afm dosen't work....oh my i've created a monster

:withstupid: like many of us I had afm turned off through tuning on my last two gmt900 s.

Q: (I just found this thread, and active in another lifter ticking noise thread), but "why" would anyone want to get them turned off? i.e. what problems does it create to have them on and working?

• 1 month later...

Archived