Where To Mount A Cb Radio?

I'm thinking of getting a CB radio, and i was just wodering, where is a good spot to mount a cb radio in an extended cab 2001 Silverado 1500? And are the firestik antennae's that mount on the side of a toolbox any good?

I'm thinking of getting a CB radio, and i was just wodering, where is a good spot to mount a cb radio in an extended cab 2001 Silverado 1500? And are the firestik antennae's that mount on the side of a toolbox any good?

If you look in my garage there's a picture of where I mounted mine. It's actually a good little CB, great broadcast and reception. My interior is the same as yours if you have the console and not the bench seat with fold down storage area.

You could consider one with the controls and numbers on the Michael. You mount under seat. Also small radio shack type fit under the dash near the center if you have a bench. Dunno about antenna

If you look in my garage there's a picture of where I mounted mine. It's actually a good little CB, great broadcast and reception. My interior is the same as yours if you have the console and not the bench seat with fold down storage area.

i'd love to put it there, but my truck has a tape player where yours is

You could consider one with the controls and numbers on the Michael. You mount under seat. Also small radio shack type fit under the dash near the center if you have a bench. Dunno about antenna
under the seat would be a kinda weird spot to put it, wouldnt it...?

I think if I were to put one it I would go with something with the controls in the handset. As stated before you can mount the main unit anywhere you want. All the controls you need are on the handset.
i'll consider one of those

what about mounting it vertically on the piece of plastic in front of the center console(from the viewpoint of the driver) that runs to the floor?

You can always, easily take the tape player out. I mean who listens to tapes today anyway? Mine had one there also, but when I put my aftermarket system in it, I decided to take it out, and I found a tray out of a junk yard truck that fit in that spot. But, after a while I wanted a CB and took out the cubby/tray and put in the cb. The PA is always nice, especially in wal-mart parking lots and in heavy traffic! :troll:

You can always, easily take the tape player out. I mean who listens to tapes today anyway? Mine had one there also, but when I put my aftermarket system in it, I decided to take it out, and I found a tray out of a junk yard truck that fit in that spot. But, after a while I wanted a CB and took out the cubby/tray and put in the cb. The PA is always nice, especially in wal-mart parking lots and in heavy traffic! :troll:

how do you take the tape player out and run the wires into the back part of where the tape player goes? And what is the model number for that CB, becacuse it fits right into that area almost like it was made for it

Running the wires is easy, just find a 12v source down at the drivers foot convenience box. I used the 12v from the seo plug, you could use the upfitter plug if you want. The CB takes virtually no power to run, so you can pretty tap any 12v source. Taking the tape player out is easy. First you have to pull the top dash bezel of, this easily be done with your hands. Then you have to pull the radio out of its cubby for a quick second to unplug the tape player wire from the back of it(it's the wire connector that's not built in or molded into the other three connectors. Then slide the radio back in and put the bezel back on. Now you go to the bottom and open the cd storage flap, you'll find two screws that have to come out to get that tape player bezel off. Once you've took them out, all you have to do is wire up the cb and slide it in there where the tape player was. If you have any more questions just ask. I can take additional picture if you'd like. It's a cobra 19 ultra III unit.

who still uses CBs? they are dead technology...truck drivers don't even use them anymore, cell phones and the glorified walky talky cell phones took over

who still uses CBs? they are dead technology...truck drivers don't even use them anymore, cell phones and the glorified walky talky cell phones took over

You'd be surprised at the amount of people in business that have to use cb or two way radio to communicate on job sites. Many truck drivers still use cb. A lot more people use cb than tape players. He wanted a cb, and I figured he probably didn't use his tape player. Who uses a tape player? Tape players are way closer to being dead technology than cb are.

Archived