Cadillac Ext Roof Rack Install On My '08 Avalanche

Well, I've done it --- Changed out my stock roof rack on my '08 for an EXT roof rack purchased off of ebay. :seeya:

The end result came out nice, but the threaded holes on my roof in no way lined up with the Caddy rack. I decided to drill holes in the EXT rack to line up with the threaded nuts in my roof panel.

The really SWEET part is the end caps were the same color as my truck! How sweet is that! :)

Here's what she looked like before I got started:

0708001817.jpg

With the new rails laid up next to the roof mounting holes:

0708001954a.jpg

0708001954.jpg

The EXT rack also came with the cross bars, and I was concerned about the width spacing being different from the Avalanche, but that dimension was the same. So, after some drilling, I was able to thread the M6 bolts through the EXT rack into the existing holes.

End result:

0710001018.jpg

0710001019.jpg

0710001019a_0001.jpg

I like how it came out, but am considering painting the end caps the same color as the cladding.

From the side, it looks like a "mullet" truck .... All luxury in the front, all work in the back! :)

Whaddya all think?

they look good...I like the body colored end caps...I say if your going to paint something change the cladding to body color

Thanks!

I'm not trying to turn it into a EXT, and thought black end caps might add some balance.

I'll do a little photoshop work and see how they look.

Archived