Nasta Nerf Bars

Anyone have any experience with Nasta nerf bars?? My local truck shop said I should take a look at their product as they make a black powdercoat stainless nerf bar for my 2010 HD crew cab. I have never heard of them so any opinions would be great. Stainless is a must for me as I live in the Northeast and travel to New England several times throughout the winter. Thanks for your help.

They are made in Taiwan and virtually every set shipped arrives with small dings due to poor packaging. Very annoying. I returned two sets of those for that reason. They come with stainless mounting brackets, which is a plus.

Haven't heard of that brand but if your looking for stainless nerf bars (I haven't seen them in black powder coat yet ) try truckchamp.com. The name sounds a littel odd but hey, I bought two sets of polished stainless nerf bars from them and they are great!!! I belive they are made by Westin or DeeZee, any way for $199.00 a pair and free shipping for nerf bars for a crew cab, , , can't beat that with a stick!!

Haven't heard of that brand but if your looking for stainless nerf bars (I haven't seen them in black powder coat yet ) try truckchamp.com. The name sounds a littel odd but hey, I bought two sets of polished stainless nerf bars from them and they are great!!! I belive they are made by Westin or DeeZee, any way for $199.00 a pair and free shipping for nerf bars for a crew cab, , , can't beat that with a stick!!

Thanks, for the replies. Nasta does offer a black stainless bar which I think is a new product for them. The whole chinese thing worries me as I always try to buy american when I can. My last set of Westin's were pretty good but they do not offer a black stainless bar anymore. I gues I'll keep shopping.

Truckchamp.com also has a set of oval bars that is branded as their own. They are aluminum internal, with chrome plating or powder coated Black.

I was recently looking for a set myself for my '10 1500 CC, wanted Black also, but was afraid of the powder coat peeling/ chipping even on Stainless with Winters here in Michigan. I decided on These step bars. I am waiting for them to show up at the door, so No feedback yet!

Also, unless you are thinking about a set of Stainless door sill covers, AVS Step Shields for the '01-07' HD CC fit pretty darn good! Will help prevent door sill scratches with the little ones, or even yourself. I just put a set on myself.

Good luck,

Chris

Chris, thanks for the info. I will take a look at those for sure. Sill covers I put a set of black plastic ones on from auto vent shade that do the trick.

Mike,

Your welcome!

Sounds like we have the same sill covers! AVS= Auto Ventshade. :lol:

Chris

I had a set of Nasta nerfs on my 04 Silverado; I wish I still had that truck, but that's a much longer story. They were awesome! Nasta is headquartered in Bristol, TN but as was stated before are a part of a Taiwanese company, Ta Chen.

If I were buying a set of nerfs today I would with no hesitation go with Nastas. Here's some more information on the construction. These are not cheap knock off quality...believe me.

304 Stainless Steel - Most other companies don't use 304 for their nerf bars anymore

16 guage stainless steel. Westin is the only other company that still uses 16 guage stainless steel.

Lifetime Warranty on nerf bars and brackets! Most companies only warranty their bars!

All-stainless mounting hardware for rust-free metal to metal contact

I had a set of Nasta nerfs on my 04 Silverado; I wish I still had that truck, but that's a much longer story. They were awesome! Nasta is headquartered in Bristol, TN but as was stated before are a part of a Taiwanese company, Ta Chen.

If I were buying a set of nerfs today I would with no hesitation go with Nastas. Here's some more information on the construction. These are not cheap knock off quality...believe me.

304 Stainless Steel - Most other companies don't use 304 for their nerf bars anymore

16 guage stainless steel. Westin is the only other company that still uses 16 guage stainless steel.

Lifetime Warranty on nerf bars and brackets! Most companies only warranty their bars!

Thanks for the link on the Nasta's. Due to the height of the 2500 I'm thinking I might need something like the N-Fab's with the drop step they offer on their nerfs. Anyone have any opinions on them, cab length???

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link on the Nasta's. Due to the height of the 2500 I'm thinking I might need something like the N-Fab's with the drop step they offer on their nerfs. Anyone have any opinions on them, cab length???

Well I ordered my Nastas today and hope for the best?? Does anyone think I'll have any clearance issues with my GM molded splash guards that are already installed on my truck??

Archived