T-mobile Htc Hd2

jrrod2004

First off, I would like to give a very SHORT background story:

AT&T had gotten overly aggressive (IMO) on their billing. They tried to send me to collections on my active (and out of contract) AT&T service. Called customer service, was no where remotely satisfied and jumped ship to T-Mobile after 8 years with AT&T (First AT&T Wireless, then Cingular, then AT&T Wireless again). This "fiasco" happened yesterday morning and today I have the new HTC HD2!

I ordered this phone yesterday (03/25/2010) at noonish and the phone was delivered today (03/26/2010) @ 2:30 p.m. - AT&T never did that

Phone was fully charged in under 3 hours and this thing is loaded.

Some of the highlights: FM Radio, I-GPS, A-GPS, WiFi, 5 megapixel camera, Direct Push for Outlook, MP3 and Flash player along with minimal "crap". The only two things that I did not care for that came installed on the phone were the BlockBuster App and the stock tab. Couple of taps later and these are hidden from view.

Experience: I have since installed my own software on WM6.5 (Same as my Blackjack 2) but everything that I have thrown at this new phone is literally done in seconds. One app that took 8 minutes to install on the BlackJack 2 took only 1 full minute to install on the HTC HD2. This thing just moves from one thing to the next. Now if I can figure out a way to overclock the sucker :thumbs:

The one thing I cannot get over is the SIZE of the screen...my blackjack 2's screen looks puny compared to this thing...All the "features" that are found on an Iphone with the things that Iphone doesnt have (and I prefer): I-GPS, expansion slot, and business grade support (from our IT dept).

I cant find my camera to show the difference of the two phones but I will post pics once I find it.

By the way, the only drawback that I have seen is the screen is a fingerprint magnet, but I dont care cause it will be taken care of soon enough.

Some pics to show the difference between the Samsung A737 (Slider), the Samsung I617 (BlackJack 2) and the HTC HD2:

Also, at the bottom are some quick shots of the phone's browser with onscreen keypad. Just like an Iphone on the setup only alot faster on the input. Buttons are bigger thanks to the 4.3" touch screen. My phone also came with Transformers and Transformers 2 preloaded...looks very nice on the screen but I did not get any shots of that.

e3e426e5.jpg

e6a2b05f.jpg

7bd8270a.jpg

433c61bf.jpg

0a38270a.jpg

49dff365.jpg

4ce88c07.jpg

18641412.jpg

decd4391.jpg

79fcd99a.jpg

40def164.jpg

57aaa5e5.jpg

congrats, htc is decent for the most part...500 bucks for a phone is never justified though lol, they have a few bugs that need to be worked out such as weak batterys....ditch t-mobile if you can take the phone to a different network, they are rape..

congrats, htc is decent for the most part...500 bucks for a phone is never justified though lol, they have a few bugs that need to be worked out such as weak batterys....ditch t-mobile if you can take the phone to a different network, they are rape..

I've been with T-Mobile for quite a while now, and never had a single problem.

I also almost bought one of these the other day too. My G1 has been a PITA since the last update, and I'm getting tired of it anyway.

I'll hate to lose a couple of my apps though. The barcode scanner I have (CompareAnywhere) is kickass. It's saved me hundreds in on-the-spot scans for stuff in the last year or so. Same with the restaurant finder thingy. Uses GPS to tell me what's close. That's handy as shit.

Free Barcode reader for WM: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/get-mobile...des-reader.html

As for restaurant finders, I simply use the Google Maps App. I know that there is one app for this but I havent bothered to find it.

T mobile has rocked out thus far but I shall put them to the test in the coming weeks...

Free Barcode reader for WM: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/get-mobile...des-reader.html

As for restaurant finders, I simply use the Google Maps App. I know that there is one app for this but I havent bothered to find it.

T mobile has rocked out thus far but I shall put them to the test in the coming weeks...

Awesome man!

I don't need it at this point (don't have the phone)...But it's good to know that it's out there :dunno:

/still debating on getting another smart phone or going back to a normal one.

For an AT&T "version" that is compatible with the UTMS frequency (AT&T 3G Frequency) for AT&T, the HTC HD2 model number is T9193.

But you would either have to order it here:

http://www.telstra.com.au/shop/Consumer/NG...p;top_category=

or find it unlocked at Ebay or another reputable site.

I would have gone this route as I have done this in the past to import phones that I liked but AT&T didnt carry and AT&T pissed me off. Rumor has it that AT&T does not carry this phone because it would be direct competition for the Iphone. Telstra uses the exact same frequencies as AT&T (USA) since the 850MHZ is the best frequency to use over long distances - which is the majority of Australia.

That sucks to hear that T-Mobile does that....I hope that they dont do that to me because I will cancel it, sell the phone and import this phone to AT&T (I know it sounds hyprocritical) and keep my number.

Wingnut: LOL :)

Archived