New Cooper Zeon Ltz

Denali_Joe

So, when I got my Denali it had basically a set of Goodyear Slicks on it and I found a plug in the front tire. Was a good excuse to put some new meats on it. Got to take it out in 6 inches of snow last week and it rips. Thinking about putting my sand bags back in to see how big of a difference that makes and how this AWD system reacts to different conditions and moving power to slipping wheels...

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I had 275 55 20's installed on all 4 corners. I think they look bad ass. They have next to no noise on the highway at 75 mph or 70 for that matter. I only heard them because I turned the radio down to listen. Never did that with the stock tires but I didn't notice these Coopers until I listened for them.

Don't know what they will do to MPG and will probably never know because never had a good set of stockers to baseline these against. I went with the Coopers because of all of the good reviews I read on them and the looks. These are not crazy off road tires and I'm not a crazy off roader, dirt roads and fire lanes don't count. I'm a pavement pounder and need snow traction in the WI winters more than any off roading capability. They have not disappointed thus far! Here are a few pics:

DSC02589.jpg

DSC02580.jpg

DSC02584.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

I installed the 305/50/20 cooper ltz's on my stock height avalanch this winter and it made it like a new truck I always ran street tires on my truck until i moved into the hills of southern Indiana. These things are great on road and off. Believe me Ive tested both ways and have yet to get the tow rope out. I found this set on e-bay for $760 on e-bay with free shipping, other comparable tires were almost double this. The only thing I was afraid of is if they would rub without a lift but no rub with 20's on stock suspension, and they sound like stock tires on the highway. I would recommend them to anyone, and probably be looking for another set of them when these run low.

I have about 28,000 miles on mine and they still have about half the tread left. Fronts are starting to round over alittle, but I have not been very diligent about rotation. They need to get rotated again. I would not say this is a tire issue more user. They do start to get a little louder, but they are still quiter than the Bridgestones when they were almost bold.

• 1 month later...
I installed the 305/50/20 cooper ltz's on my stock height avalanch this winter and it made it like a new truck I always ran street tires on my truck until i moved into the hills of southern Indiana. These things are great on road and off. Believe me Ive tested both ways and have yet to get the tow rope out. I found this set on e-bay for $760 on e-bay with free shipping, other comparable tires were almost double this. The only thing I was afraid of is if they would rub without a lift but no rub with 20's on stock suspension, and they sound like stock tires on the highway. I would recommend them to anyone, and probably be looking for another set of them when these run low.

Thanks for the info. What year is you avalanche? I just ordered the 305/50/20 Zeon LTZ for my 07 Avalanche and hope the do not rub. I have a stock suspension also

So, when I got my Denali it had basically a set of Goodyear Slicks on it and I found a plug in the front tire. Was a good excuse to put some new meats on it. Got to take it out in 6 inches of snow last week and it rips. Thinking about putting my sand bags back in to see how big of a difference that makes and how this AWD system reacts to different conditions and moving power to slipping wheels...

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I had 275 55 20's installed on all 4 corners. I think they look bad ass. They have next to no noise on the highway at 75 mph or 70 for that matter. I only heard them because I turned the radio down to listen. Never did that with the stock tires but I didn't notice these Coopers until I listened for them.

Don't know what they will do to MPG and will probably never know because never had a good set of stockers to baseline these against. I went with the Coopers because of all of the good reviews I read on them and the looks. These are not crazy off road tires and I'm not a crazy off roader, dirt roads and fire lanes don't count. I'm a pavement pounder and need snow traction in the WI winters more than any off roading capability. They have not disappointed thus far! Here are a few pics:

DSC02589.jpg

DSC02580.jpg

DSC02584.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

Great looking truck. Tires look great too.

Those tires look great. I was at a repair shop over the weekend getting some rotors turned and they had one on display. I was thinking it would look good on my truck but quickly found out they dont come in 17" size I am looking for. :cool:

• 2 months later...

Archived