Ram Air Intake

come on guys no one has anything to say about this

Where does the air flow sensor mount. I am sorry but this looks scary and tight fitting, I love th efact of Ram air but, not in that much of a hurry to go out and buy that.

tri-power-unit.jpg

I love the hp claims...up to 50hp depending on engine size...and if a tuner is used...well duh...a tuner gives you from a 25-50hp increase depending on engine size...but it doesn't depend on you using this "ram air" system....Not to mention...it looks like shit....like someone cobbeled it together out of some HVAC pieces and dryer vent hose.

FAIL for Vararam.

Just like they're velocity stack a few years back...this one.

vr3lg1.gif

yea I think I am going to go with a brute force intake or a gm performance one , don't know yet.

Save your money for some real performance gains....Talk to Jennabear a few posts above this....She'll fix you up with a nice tune for cheaper than most intakes.

Go buy a K&N drop in filter and be done with it...the factory air box is plenty of flow for your engine...its plenty of flow for a 6.2L and if I'm not mistaken...the same box was used on the 8.1L.

If your 5.3 cant pull enough air through an intake that big...I dont think any of the others are going to help you out much. I mean...dont get me wrong...the 1hp that you gain at 5500rpm could come in useful...But I would venture a guess, like most of us....5500 isn't where your truck spends much time. And you would be much much happier with the 20-50hp increase you could get from a tune....not to mention the 1-3MPG increase that comes with it.

tri-power-unit.jpg

I love the hp claims...up to 50hp depending on engine size...and if a tuner is used...well duh...a tuner gives you from a 25-50hp increase depending on engine size...but it doesn't depend on you using this "ram air" system....Not to mention...it looks like shit....like someone cobbeled it together out of some HVAC pieces and dryer vent hose.

FAIL for Vararam.

Just like they're velocity stack a few years back...this one.

That thing looks like it would make a great rear window defogger/defroster! :sigh: The fact natural aspiration ideas can still be created and bought by people who own electronically controlled and tuned engines these days....wow :puke:

The biggest restriction on stock intakes occurs on the intake tube itself. The resonator is where all the issues begin, so if you just change out the tube, you are taking a step in the right direction.

What's the resulting benefit besides cosmetic appearance change?

Go out and check out your stock intake tube. You will see a part that splits off, and acts as a Heimholtz resonator, which decreases the noise coming from the intake. At the same time, you will lose some performance due to the air travelling into this piece and trying to move back out.

The biggest restriction on stock intakes occurs on the intake tube itself. The resonator is where all the issues begin, so if you just change out the tube, you are taking a step in the right direction.

I was just looking at the airaid jr kit, which is the intake tube and filter.I also do plain on getting a EFI tune are a Data-Logging Tune.Just did my cat back and want to do a intake or drop in filter before the tune.

Archived