Cargo Light?

This may be a really dumb question, but how do you turn on the cargo light ( the light over the back glass)

I have an 09 GMC Sierra.

From your Owners Manual....

The cargo lamps come on by turning the instrument panel

brightness control knob to the farthest clockwise position.

This knob is located on the instrument panel and also

turns on the dome lamps.

The cargo lamp can be used if more light is needed

in the cargo area of the vehicle or in the top-box

storage units.

RTFM :flag:

Okay, Thanks.

I figured that out already, just seems dumb that you have to turn on the dome lights in order to turn on the cargo light. Or you could turn on the dome lights and the cargo light . Then press the dome override button..... still dumb OMO.

My truck before this was an 01 Silverado, it had a single button for the cargo light.

just gonna take some getting use to :flag:

Read the fWONking manual. :flag:

Isn't this a forum to discuss matters concerning fullsize gm trucks?

I already knew how to turn the damn light on, I was wondering if there was a way to do it without having to turn on the dome lights.

If your not gonna be helpful, I would rather you not reply to my questions.

Thanks

It's a joke! Sheesh. Talk about not getting it........

Perhaps you should get a sense of humor......

You do understand the use of emoticons don't you? You know, the smiley thing....:flag:

Hey Visegrip...What I don't like is that you can't turn on the light while driving. With my Toyota you could turn it on anytime. You know like if you're on the highway at night and you want to check the stuff you have in back. So now, you have to pull over and put it in park to make the light work...THAT'S STUPID!

Hey Visegrip...What I don't like is that you can't turn on the light while driving. With my Toyota you could turn it on anytime. You know like if you're on the highway at night and you want to check the stuff you have in back. So now, you have to pull over and put it in park to make the light work...THAT'S STUPID!

I agree! Thats what made me ask the question. I was coming back from the hunting camp in Mississippi, probably going a lil faster than I should have been, as I went around a curve I felt the ice chest slide. I was searching for the cargo light button to make sure the lids didnt come open.

I put in many of hours on very cold mornings to get those deer. :flag: Didnt want them spilling out.

My 01 silverado was like that. Just push one button "and there was light"

Read the fWONking manual. :thumbs:

Isn't this a forum to discuss matters concerning fullsize gm trucks?

I already knew how to turn the damn light on, I was wondering if there was a way to do it without having to turn on the dome lights.

If your not gonna be helpful, I would rather you not reply to my questions.

Thanks

yeah a lot of the regulars on most of these forums seem to do that. it gets annoying. especially the, use the "search" button too. if everyone used the search button or read their manual, there would be no point in having new topics or this forum.

Agreed, it is a PITA! Sounds like an electrical guru needs to do some hacking and let us know how to wire in a single on/off button. I wouldn't imagine it'd be that hard to override the power button somehow.

That's easy, cut the wire at the BCM connector X6 pin 2, Junction block Left I/P connector X12 pin 6 or X9 pin 6 and put a switch to some battery lead and you've got yourself a single button on/of for the cargo lamps.

Archived