Cooper/hercules Tires?

Irv

Like the title says, anyone run them before, any issues, good tread life?

From what I have read in the last half hour, they seem like a real decent tire with great winter capabilities and long tread life. Sounds promising?

What you have read has been my experience. The wife has coopers on her car and they have been a great tire. I had hurcules tires on my 2004 2500hd when I traded it in. They were great too. Long tread life and good traction.

That's good to hear, thanks :dunno:

I may be picking up a set of very slightly used 17" Aluminum GM factory wheels with the TPM's already installed and some new Cooper or Hercules snow/winter tires tomorrow?

The dealer where these these wheels and tires are, told me $1150 out the door, doesn't seem too bad especially after pricing out some plain old steel rims and tires for anywhere between $1300 and $1600 without the TPM's (Canadian, yea we get burned up here!)

On my old work truck (05 HD Duramax) I got 50k out of the Cooper ATR's and 30k out of the Hercules Terra Tracs. The Hercules performed slightly better in the snow and mud. About the time that I switched from the Coopers to the Hercules I started working in a different environment, and haven't been able to get more than 30k out of any tire since. I drive 100k miles or more a year for work and have never gotten the same tires twice. ButI liked the Hercules so much that I put them on my personal truck (04 1500) and have 30k on them, looks like I'll get another 10-15k before I will replace them.

Well it seems like I made the right purchase so far as I keep hearing great things about these Cooper tires :dunno:

Great to know people are getting 55 to 65,000 miles on them, that equates to about 100,000 klicks up here in Canada?

Can't wait for the snow to fly to give them a try. Thanks everyone for your input, I appreciate it very much! :P

(My new rims and tires)

post-63469-1256945241_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
Well it seems like I made the right purchase so far as I keep hearing great things about these Cooper tires :uhoh:

Great to know people are getting 55 to 65,000 miles on them, that equates to about 100,000 klicks up here in Canada?

Can't wait for the snow to fly to give them a try. Thanks everyone for your input, I appreciate it very much! :lol:

(My new rims and tires)

Just an update to let everyone know that I am completely happy with my Cooper Arctic Ice tires, they are working great and they have handled any snowy conditions I have put them through so far.

They grib well on ice too and give me confidence that they can handle most snowy/icey conditions that I encounter. Great tire so far. :lol:

I've had my Cooper Zeon LTZ's for about 4 months now and they've been great so far. Great wet highway traction and pretty good in mud too. My brother has run Coopers on his truck for the last 10 years and he loves them. Funny thing is, they have a factory about 100 miles from here but they're the hardest brand to find in Memphis.

• 1 year later...

Rather than starting a new thread, I figured I'd revive this thread as my question pertains to cooper tires.

A friend of mine would like to go to 35's on his truck, and he's offering me his 275/70/18 Cooper STT's with a good 70 percent tread left on them for $600 for 4 tires (~$350-$400 new per tire around my neck of the woods).

Anybody have experience with these tires and could share some opinions on them? Tread life, road noise, snow, rain handling, etc.

Also, how big of a leveling kit would i need to run these tires? I'd like to stay as small as i can, ie. 2" or 2.25" levelling kit or is it safe to go with a 2.5" kit and not destroy my front end components??

Thanks everyone in advance

G

Archived