Lmc Truck - Quaity Of Parts?

Hi All,

I need a front bumper cover (the lower plastic piece.) for my 04, as it lower front corner is broke.

What I want to know is, will the savings be chewed up when being shipped up here to Canada?

How good of quality are these parts?

I got a quote on one from up here - $227, so if it is close to that, then I think I will buy locally.

I have spent a lot of $$$ at LMC on my old '86 GMC 4X4. If the part was made in North America, you shouldn't have to pay any duty, though you may be charged a 'handling fee' of sorts. Be aware that some courier companies charge a brokerage fee when shipping across the border. I can't remember if I was charged GST. The parts were always top quality for my application. Many parts that I needed I could not find local, but if I could have I would have bought them here to avoid any problems, say, like customs opening the package and losing a bag of screws and a door light switch. Which reminds me, customer service was great from LMC.

I never buy any parts in Canada. I always get them shipped to family in the States. I did it once with a Rough Country levelin kit and customs were charging $42 of duties on a $70 piece. Ended up causing a lot of problems, and in the end I had to get my credit card company to take the money out of the company's account because the part was held up in an auction warehouse. So, I will never ship something from the U.S. to Canada again. Also the fact that up here we always get screwed over with prices and taxes!

anyways, sorry I had to vent a little.

Depends on the courier LMC uses to ship parts. If it's UPS or Fed Ex, then in addition to the shipping cost which has been already added to the price of the part in question, you also have to pay duty and brokerage charges. In some cases adding these additional costs will make what looked like a great deal, not so great.

Alot of places DON'T ship to Canada to begin with, then those that do usually use UPS or FedEx and the costs go thru the roof.

I've been ordering my parts from RockAuto.com.

NO extra shipping fees,NO duty or GST.

My last purchase was a front wheel bearing assy.

My mechanic's cost, $432CDN, UAP $418. Got it for $195 delivered to the house.

It was the exact same Timken assy as up here.

I highly reccomend them.....

LMC's great if you live in the US

they call you with the shipping charges to canada and give you the option

problem I found is the shipping charge via ups who will clear customs for you as well

is more then you payed for the part ,plus for oversize stuff LMC charges you another 20 bucks on top of everything,

I tried to order 3 small items once then told them to cancell 2 of them the shipping charge stayed the same how does that work?

there is gmpartsdirect .ca but nothing is priced

Archived