Bully Dog Power Pup Help

Just got a Bully dog Power Pup. my truck is a 5.3L gmc sierra, kn cold air intake,airaid throttle body space, and 285/75/r16 tires. Im running 91 octane all the time. I tuned my truck to the Performance settings, i.e engine tuning, trans tuning, trans shift points, & speed limiter . Im running in to s few problems( well i think they're problems), when my truck is at idle my RPMs are sitting low, around 500 and sometimes down to 300. is that normal for this tuner? Also when im at idle i rev it up and it hasitates, like its going to die or getting too much fuel or air...They drop down to 300 when Im driving and come to a stop, all my lights( when its dark) dim, and my truck feels like its going to die.

i have no check engine lights on or any problems with my truck.... just looking for a little in site on it...

25p3ejo.jpg

I dont think thats a problem with your tuner, its a bad sensor

Ive had the same problem before on my 05 and I only have a Dynomax muffler on mine. The rest is stock.

I had to take it into a dealer and they replaced some idle sensor on the right bank of my engine. As for the lights dimming they never figured out what it was and it hasnt done it for awhile. sensor caused low idle and the exhaust really smelled like gas. It would die out at stoplights. Cost about 375 bucks installed

easy way to check, put it back to stock & see if it still does it.....

:dunno:

if it isn't showing up in stock config, then it points to the tune.

most handhelds allow for pulling codes even in stock config. any codes?

you seem to imply that you made adjustments. even with handhelds (and MORE so with full-featured tuning software suites), adjustments shouldn't be made blindly or casually.

Did you (possibly inadvertantly) make adjustments that drove you too lean/rich in your fueling/charge tables?

Can you/have you logged your AFR and fuel trims at cruise and open lop (WOT) to look things over?

Be careful. IF you have adjusted yourself too lean, you are running some risks (much more so than if you are too rich). Both are bad, but I fear too lean operation more over too rich operation.

I have no knowledge with Bullydogs --- especially for gas engines (I believe they got their service bars in the diesel market).

I'd punch it back to stock, do a little research and learning, then try the canned tune and hold off on adjusting until you are a little more experienced with what you're changing.

hope this helps... :(

As mentioned above, it could well be a rogue sensor...that would show up in a code, stock or not.

BTW, you didn't put a trick MAF sensor on your truck did you (crapatelli, etc) ????

i dont have any DTC codes out so i cant see it being a sensor. as for it running to lean or to rich, as I said before I run 91 octane all the time. Everything's back to stock on there now, and the problem is still there. I check my battery, i even through it on the charger, still the same prob. Im gonna pull the alt tomorrow and get that checked. They both shouldnt be bad, there only a year old. I dont get it.... ill check everything that you guys are saying but if its still doing for the next few days im gonna be a lil pissed.... this shit shouldnt be happening.

Just got a Bully dog Power Pup. my truck is a 5.3L gmc sierra, kn cold air intake,airaid throttle body space, and 285/75/r16 tires. Im running 91 octane all the time. I tuned my truck to the Performance settings, i.e engine tuning, trans tuning, trans shift points, & speed limiter . Im running in to s few problems( well i think they're problems), when my truck is at idle my RPMs are sitting low, around 500 and sometimes down to 300. is that normal for this tuner? Also when im at idle i rev it up and it hasitates, like its going to die or getting too much fuel or air...They drop down to 300 when Im driving and come to a stop, all my lights( when its dark) dim, and my truck feels like its going to die.

i have no check engine lights on or any problems with my truck.... just looking for a little in site on it...

25p3ejo.jpg

Check the intake/throttle body spacer connections make sure everything is buttoned up tight.

checked the MAF sensor, throttle body, throttle body spacer, air intake, and filter. everything is buttoned up tight.

I talked to a few of my buddies, one thinks it my fuel filter thats dirty. I dont think it is because if it was dirty dont you think it would effect the truck all the time? so im ruling that one out. Another one of my buddies thinks its with my alt or my battery. i didnt have time to check it today due to the fact that i got called in to work.( its a shitty time to get called in) Im thinking its an electrical problem. i really think its my alt or battery.

Soooooooooo I took out my battery and alt today and got them checked out... and what do you know they're fine... I'm lost now. the problem is still there. I took my truck over to my buddies dad's shop. They took it out... couldn't fine the problem. when they looked at it they ran it to see if i had and codes out... and no codes. His dad thinks it could be 4 things. Idler sensor, Timeing, MAF sensor, or my plugs fouling out. They're gonna look at it tomorrow, and see if they can figure it out...

i figured it was an electrical problem now i just dont know what it is.... I just want my truck to be working and with my chip on.... anyone got some insite?

I am being lazy here, (didn't want to read all the way thru this thread again) but the problem PERSISTS when you restore the stock tune, correct?

I would diagnose ALL issues in stock config---

Archived