Gm's Next Generation Truck Platform To Drop "gmt" Design

A small bit of information I've recently picked up is that the decades long "GMT" designation General Motors has been using for it's trucks aka GMT-400, GMT-800, GMT-900 has come to the end of its life. The next gen trucks, currently under development have taken a new platform name.

That new platform will simply be called "K2", I've learned from someone inside the truck engineering program.

Thoughts?

A small bit of information I've recently picked up is that the decades long "GMT" designation General Motors has been using for it's trucks aka GMT-400, GMT-800, GMT-900 has come to the end of its life. The next gen trucks, currently under development have taken a new platform name.

That new platform will simply be called "K2", I've learned from someone inside the truck engineering program.

Thoughts?

I'm cool with that. As long as the trucks themselves don't change names. I like the name "Silverado", and I like the name "Sierra".

I'd be just fine with them doing away with the Sierra and Silverado names too. Why do you need to name a truck? They got by just fine for many years by referring to them as 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, and 1-ton. K1500 or C/K 1500. To me it's just like naming a fish. Pointless.

X2 Not concerned what they call the platform or name the next generation truck. I buy (or drool over) trucks based on what they can do and how they look.

Thoughts?

K2? I thought the next-gen half tons were being called C3XX? :rollin:

Doesn't bother me any, as long as no lazy forum idiots call them "NNNBS" instead of just calling them what they are.

Thoughts?

K2? I thought the next-gen half tons were being called C3XX? :idiot:

Doesn't bother me any, as long as no lazy forum idiots call them "NNNBS" instead of just calling them what they are.

Let it go already.... The horse is dead, there is no more reason to keep beating it. What are you 12 and holding a grudge?

Thoughts?

K2? I thought the next-gen half tons were being called C3XX? :idiot:

hahah " new new new body style"

Let it go already.... The horse is dead, there is no more reason to keep beating it. What are you 12 and holding a grudge?

:idiot:

You're the one not letting it go and assuming I was attacking you personally... yet I'm the 12 year old holding a grudge? :dunno:

Funny stuff.

Archived