Beat A Hemi Ram 3 Times

Schmids5.3l

On the way to the car meet tonight I did some ricer roll racing against a 2003 Reg Cab Short Bed 2wd 5.7 Ram. The first 2 runs were @ 65 & 70. The first run he got the jump big time, and I pulled to his front bumper and let off at the end of 2nd gear. 2nd run we left at the same time and his front bumper was at my rear bumper shortly after I shifted into 3rd probably around 90. The third race was from 50 mph, both leaving at the same time. At the end of 2nd (85? mph) I had half a length to a length. All races were done on an abandoned highway in Mexico. His best time at the track is a 14.69 I believe @ 92 stock truck, with a 2.1 short time.

On the way to the car meet tonight I did some ricer roll racing against a 2003 Reg Cab Short Bed 2wd 5.7 Ram. The first 2 runs were @ 65 & 70. The first run he got the jump big time, and I pulled to his front bumper and let off at the end of 2nd gear. 2nd run we left at the same time and his front bumper was at my rear bumper shortly after I shifted into 3rd probably around 90. The third race was from 50 mph, both leaving at the same time. At the end of 2nd (85? mph) I had half a length to a length. All races were done on an abandoned highway in Mexico. His best time at the track is a 14.69 I believe @ 92 stock truck, with a 2.1 short time.

Holy fWon that's a quick truck stock! :thumbs: I expected you to beat him, but I didn't think he'd be that close. Thank God for Zippy. :D

Holy fWon that's a quick truck stock! :thumbs: I expected you to beat him, but I didn't think he'd be that close. Thank God for Zippy. :D

Definitely, I was pulling on him every race, just not that fast! That truck definitely has balls!! I kind of expected what happened, he's only 3-4mph slower in the 1/4, his extra cubes and TQ are kind of trumped by his weight, so the extra little bit of HP/tune and less weight I had ftw!

edit: I had no idea reg cab short bed 2wd Hemi's ran 14.6's stock? Aren't they like 14.8-15.1ish?? I dig raced a Rumble Bee a long time ago and held my own. He spun off the line some but he never caught up? SCT doesn't make tuners for those trucks until 04...unless he has a superchips hand held...He has a 12 second Fox body and a Big Block Jr dragster, I don't see him keeping this thing stock. :nono:

Glad you beat the Hemi.

My brother has one, either a 2007 or 2008. Not sure which.

He thinks it is about the fastest thing on the planet. :D:thumbs:

He has challenged Darkanion's 2007 Denali to a dragrace.

I want to see the Hemi get beat...BAD...by the GMC. :nono::lol::D

Glad you beat the Hemi.

He thinks it is about the fastest thing on the planet. :thumbs::nono:

I want to see the Hemi get beat...BAD...by the GMC. :lol::D:D

Only if his trany can stay in 1 piece :D

Was the giggle gas used?

Hell no!!! Motor to motor! That wouldn't have been a race on spray :D

Glad you beat the Hemi.

He thinks it is about the fastest thing on the planet. :D:D

I want to see the Hemi get beat...BAD...by the GMC. :D:D:D

Tuned 6 speed Denali's are hitting high 13's low 14's in the 1/4, he should be fine :shakehead:

lets go, Im down for a run, if you put the stock tune back first :shakehead:

I think you may have your hands full even with tuned 5.3 against a stock tuned SD.

Mike are you sure about those times? Because a Tundra 5.7 runs in the 14.6-14.8 range stock and I know a stock Dodge Hemi is not running with a Tundra.

I think you may have your hands full even with tuned 5.3 against a stock tuned SD.

Mike are you sure about those times? Because a Tundra 5.7 runs in the 14.6-14.8 range stock and I know a stock Dodge Hemi is not running with a Tundra.

I dont mind losing, as long as its to a GM truck

Was the giggle gas used?

Hell no!!! Motor to motor! That wouldn't have been a race on spray :shakehead:

Good..I was about to say something about yer slow ass if you did.... :D

lol, I'd quit at that point and disappear until there was a 6l in the truck.

are you sure about those times? Because a Tundra 5.7 runs in the 14.6-14.8 range stock and I know a stock Dodge Hemi is not running with a Tundra.

RCSB Tundra's are in the lower 14's stock. The crew cab 4x4's are probably high 14's. The 5.7 Ram I raced was the same configuration as mine, RCSB 2wd. I don't think it should run 14.69's stock either though, so he's probably got a hand held or something he's keeping secret. :shakehead:

I dont mind losing, as long as its to a GM truck

Hey Felix, I hope to have my exhaust on this week or weekend. I will let you know when I have the mufflers in my possession if you are still interested.

Sorry to thread jack.

Archived